Baxi solo WM 40/4 PF - does not startup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need your advice, got about 3 plumbers, 5 visits, 3 parts replaced, 2 months passed and it's still not working. So the history..

1. Fan starts, no ignition.
- Replaced PCB.
- Was working for about 1 evening.

2. Nothing works.
- He touched something, replaced 3-way motor valve.
- Worked for another evening.

3. Fan starts, no ignition.
- Replaced Air Pressure Switch
- Worked for a few days only on level 1, as soon as you put on two or more safety switch pops out after an 30-60mins.

4. Nothing works again
- Found out that previous plumber connected air pressure switch the wrong way
- Anyway works for another evening (few times there was a strange click several times)

5. Nothing works again..(2 months later) Only one red led dioda is on (the first one from the left side, on this black box where you set temperature from 0-5).

What should I do? Help.. I think they don't know exacly what is the problem, and as everyone is very busy this time of the year everything takes ages.. Do you have an idea what it can be?

Thanks for you help..

ps. Is there somewhere a diagram for this boiler on the internet, If I knew what is the name of each part it would be easier to explain.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this website. Fault Finder diagram points me to
"Are the pressure pipes clear from leak/blockage?"
- YES : replace pressure switch
- NO : Clear/replace pressure pipes

It would make sense because the pressure switch was already replaced and the recent guy said that the previous one was working fine, so maybe what's needed is option two, to clear or replace pressure pipes.

Do you agree?

i think u may have a couple of different issues to address. the boiler fault & a system fault. when the boiler was working it should,nt be tripping out above setting 1 on the boiler stat. u may have a ciculation problem.or the over heat stat may be at fault. Is this a solo2. if its an early one the overheat stat may be on the side of the heatexchanger but the later models had it cliped on to the flow pipe.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest you ask the 'engineer' for sight of his CORGI card. While this does not mean he can fix the boiler (without changeing parts one by one), but you are on the right path to seek out someone who should have a working knowledge of the boiler.

Alternatively, indicate your location. One of the regulars may be able to rescue your boiler.

Hi, I've got another engieener comming today from the same company, but different one (just to complicate things! - no comment).

Anyway I had 2 engieeners from Homeserve (through my Insurance company) and 2 from Maintracts Services (based in tooting). I believe all of them are corgi registered, but I don't believe it means anything! Today is yet another one, number 3 from Homeserve.

I'll keep you updated what is gonna happen today..

Thanks for all your comments

Ok so the update..

Looks like "Valve Control Honeywell" needs to be replaced, something with selenoid - whatever this is.

This guy called baxi technical support and they've guide him to the problem. Looks like PCB is making a number of checkes before is starts up fan (there was no power to the fun) and one of the check is "gas valve". The resistance between blue and orange cable is 0.1 and should be 1.5 (if set to 20amp).

Hopefully that is the problem.. should be replaced tomorrow..

Ok the update..

Gas Valve got replaced.. worked for 3 hours.. the next day he came back and replaced one of the pipes that goes to pressure switch, and now we're back to point 3, boiler works but only on LOW as soon as you set termostat to 1 or more it cuts out and termostat safety button pops out..

I think it's a separate issue now, so read about this in this topic //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=42804

kinda having the same problem with mine baxi solo wm 70/4 we have had the gas valve the circuit board main solenoid all replaced ,when switched on get a smell of gas no ignition pls some one help its getting cold and we need heat

This thread is seven years old!

You seem to have selected a "parts changer"!

If an engineer replaces a part which does not fix the fault because it was wrongly diagnosed then you should not have to pay for that part!

This is a very simple boiler and even if a part is needed a repair would normally be less than £220.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back