17th Question.

Thanks for the answers lads.
As I said, no relevance just curious.

I believe the pass mark is roughly based on percentile rates, so it depends on the overall scores of all candidates as to the 'pass mark' for that particular test date.

So does this mean if 20 people sit the exam and 19 get 99% but one gets 91% then he will be classed as a fail?

Sponsored Links
it's multi-guess with the book infront of you, pass rate should be 100%.

Think that's a bit unfair!

Like RF, I did the 60 question exam and like RF, I got a cable calc question.

I didn't get that one wrong, but I got another one wrong. I even wrote to C & G because I believed it was unfairly written, but they disagreed.

So, I ended up with 59/60 or 98.3333333%.

So 100% pass rate is unrealistic.

it's multi-guess with the book infront of you, pass rate should be 100%.

Think that's a bit unfair!

Like RF, I did the 60 question exam and like RF, I got a cable calc question.

I didn't get that one wrong, but I got another one wrong. I even wrote to C & G because I believed it was unfairly written, but they disagreed.

So, I ended up with 59/60 or 98.3333333%.

So 100% pass rate is unrealistic.

can you remember the question

No. But I'll search my hard drive & see if I can find the letter.

Sponsored Links
Did not think they told you what you get wrong,
You can work out what section and how many by the %.,
but not the question.

There was only one question. I talked to my tutor and went through it with him & between us we worked out exactly which question it was.

I did it a few months ago - just the exam, not the course - just worked through the NICEIC coursebook (saving myself £100s).
Got 96% with 2 questions wrong. 1 of which I just didn't read the question correctly. But another one was very hard and I just couldn't find it in the book even after looking for 20 minutes.
Rumour has it that it's easier for newtimers as they bother to look it up as oldtimers will know it off the top of their head...which might now be wrong in the new edition.

This doesn't answer the OP's question and I believe it's mocks for the 16th but this site is a stirring way to waste a few hours and get an idea of the exam, it's better than Eastenders at least, marginally.

I think it is based on the 16th eds as domestic dwellings are now Partp of the building regs which is statutory contol of the building controls of the council

Which one of the following installations would NOT be within the statutory control of an authoritative body?

1. X Petrol filling station.
2. X Caravan site.
3. X Theatre.
4. ? Domestic dwelling.

No - think about it some more.

I think it is based on the 16th eds as domestic dwellings are now Partp of the building regs which is statutory contol of the building controls of the council

Which one of the following installations would NOT be within the statutory control of an authoritative body?
Authoritative?

Local Authority Building Control?

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif

Can't find my letter. One of my sons (ahem) has managed to wipe my HD of docs and photo's. I don't think I can be too cross, he won't understand.

Can you help me decide on a punishment? He's six.

Yeah, well. I ain't got no backup.

Think he used "GO BACK" to revert the drive.... :eek:

I just couldn't find it in the book even after looking for 20 minutes.
Too late for you, but the questions in the exam are in the same order that the answers appear in the book.
So the first question will always be from Part 1, and the last one will be from the appendixes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back