18v combi drill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well my old 24v Bosch combi drill just died so I'm after a replacement, its for moderate DIYing so looking at around the £100-£140 mark, considering the Bosch GSB 19-2-Li on offer at Screwfix or the Stanley Fatmax on offer at Argos are either of these ok or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

Thanks for any advice, there's just too much choice these days!!

Sponsored Links
It's the deal that matters rather than the drill.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies chaps, that Metabo certainly looks good. I notice that most of these don't appear to have the auxillary handle that my current Bosch has which I find rather useful, can these be retro fitted at all? (don't think so!)

Thanks for the replies chaps, that Metabo certainly looks good. I notice that most of these don't appear to have the auxillary handle that my current Bosch has which I find rather useful, can these be retro fitted at all? (don't think so!)
I don't think i've ever used one - hardly a deal breaker.

no you cannot retro fit as there are no screw[bolt] holes or a flat section to take a43mm[i think it is] standard handle and band

i have never used a handle either except on a heavy sds drill[demolition hammer]

it depends on what you want to use it for, £100-£150 will get you a good screwdriver/drill with okish batts. Alittle more money will get you better batts and possibly a better drill.

Went for the Stanley Fatmax in the end, 2 x 1.5Ah batts and 3 yr warranty for £99.

First impressions are its well made and looks and feels a reasonable quality product, I'll let you know how I get on using it in the near future!

Thanks for all the replies

Hi,

A bit late into this thread, I know.

I have read on a well known torch forum that very fast charging batteries don't last particularly well. Is it the same with drill batteries?

Heirpin,

How have you found the Fatmax drill in use, please?

I've just used the FatMax for quite a while this afternoon and can report its performed admirably so I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it, and its good value for £99!

Blimey!! I'm even more pleased with it now!!!

Just out of interest I was in Screwfix the other day and out of curiosity I picked up a Makita 3.0Ah on display for £199 and I have to say it looked and felt like a real quality drill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back