5 ands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jst for fun
Can anybody make a proper sentence where the word "and" is used 5 consecutive times?

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
AmpersAND AND DNA AND ANDrew together make a sentence.

Artistic licence with DNA but you get the drift :LOL:

Just then the stammer came back and Mr Smith ended his speech with "and and and and and I'd just like to thank everyone here".

Sponsored Links
I tried and tried and tried and tried and tried and i couldn't manage it :(

In the song 'I can sing a rainbow', which opens with the line 'Red and Yellow and Blue and Green', the names of the colours are flanked on either side by And and And, and And and And, and And and a full stop.

OK - Its more than five, but I bet the answer's something on those lines....

5 consecutive times means one after the other i.e. no words in between ... Otherwise its TOO easy ;)

easy peasy

I was walking down North Street yesterday, and i saw a signwriter putting the finishing touches to the pub sign.

But below a picture of a musical sow, he had written "pigandwhistle"

"Oi" I shouted "You haven't left a big enough space between "Pig" and "And" and "and" and "Whistle"

The record on Emily's player stuck again " And and and and and Andy Pandy's coming to play tra la la la ...."

JohnD said:
"Oi" I shouted "You haven't left a big enough space between "Pig" and "And" and "and" and "Whistle"
That's gramatically incorrect though, because there needs to be two spaces, but I can now point out that you shouted and "And" and "and" and, instead of and "And" and between "and" and.

:D

easy peasy

I was walking down North Street yesterday, and i saw a signwriter putting the finishing touches to the pub sign.

But below a picture of a musical sow, he had written "pigandwhistle"

Wouldn't the sentence "I want to put a hyphen between the words PIG and AND and AND and WHISTLE in my PIG-AND-WHISTLE sign" have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before "PIG," and between "PIG" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "AND," and "AND" and "and," and "and" and "WHISTLE," as well as after "WHISTLE"?

21 consecutive 'ands' :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back