5 month old Vaillant boiler issue, installer acting dodgy - please help!

thanks hertsboiler. the boiler is wall mounted about 5 feet away from the outlet pipe. the boiler is placed at around 5.5 feet above floor. so for the whole pipe to fill, it would take sufficient volume.

my installer said "oh dont tell them anything about this as the blockage in pipe which is property owners problem" is what has caused it. Vaillant will take guarantee away. and therefore i should give him 50 and he puts in the rest to replace. the whole idea just sounds so silly, i wanted to tell him to grow an IQ.

could he be right and i loos the whole guarantee? sorry dude - after a year of boiler troubles and poorer by thousands, I have just gone paranoid, do bear with me..

Sponsored Links
Tell him you were going to go to get an opinion from vaillant and call gas safe to have a look (but dont) then tell him you dont want to waste more time, Give him £50 bucks to repair but tell him to make sure this cant happen again (alter the condensate) as he should have made an effort to ensure this could not happen on installation.

scottishgasman,

thanks for the advice. just out of interest- why do you say that i shouldnt call gas safe for an opinion?

that condensate pipe should have an air gap if it is terminating straight into another trap, without it, it will cause problems with draining.

Sponsored Links
scottishgasman,

thanks for the advice. just out of interest- why do you say that i shouldnt call gas safe for an opinion?

Put simply they dont care. There purpose is nothing to do with good or bad installtions, There is nothing unsafe about the installation that we know of so far so you will be only using up more of your time without getting you any closer to a soloution.

and yes what dean says is right, thats "Double trapping" as there is a trap in the boiler, so a sealed condensate pipe from boiler to another trap can cause problems with backed up water

he gave me a gas safety cert issued by another person who is gas regd. but im not able to locate this installer in gas safe. does that make you think anyhting about safety? he hasnt registered the installation with local authority as well..

Also - this "double trapping" - what will I need to have it fixed? can you please tell me in laymans terms? i will get it fixed it asap.

Untitled.jpg

he gave me a gas safety cert issued by another person who is gas regd. but im not able to locate this installer in gas safe. does that make you think anyhting about safety? he hasnt registered the installation with local authority as well..

That is highly suspicious. Did the person who signed the "gas safety certificate" ever visit and inspect the installation. ? If not then his action in signing it and the actions of the person who did the installation are un-ethical, possibly dangerous and probably criminal fraud.

the person who signed visited the property at the end of installation work. he didnt speak with me, just asked the questions to the installer. he then issued a certificate and left. certificate is issued in my name. I can see an issue here..

here is the picture of condense pipe coming out of the boiler. the design is similar to what you have portrayed as 'current'. im not familiar with plumbing diagram legend. the current deisgn you have is better than what the actual one is. in your current representation, incoming water has to travel that tiny bit more and therefore will have more gravitational opposition..

can i assume this is the place where he messed up? I could locate an industry standard document http://www.centralheating.co.uk/sys...ATE_DRAINAGE_PIPE_INSTALLATION_Final_2011.pdf

he calls himself an experienced installer and didnt know this?

Attachments

• IMG_2736.png
    IMG_2736.png
    452.1 KB · Views: 222
Your installation certificate should be sent to you by gas safe not hand written and given to you so I should be having a word with gas safe if I were you..

It really sounds as if the installer was NOT gas registered. If so that was illegal.

So was any other person signing it off when he had not installed it.

So two illegalities.

Do you really know the installer's identity?

But if he fitted other boilers in the block were they all signed off by someone else?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back