A little Lead help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone please answer the following questions, I'm sitting a course and can't seem to find the answers

All are for the LSA reccomendations with regards to chimney flashings

1. The width of lead needed for a bossed front apron
2. Code of lead reccomended for a back gutter
3. Reccomended method of fixing soakers

Thanks in Advance

Sponsored Links
the lead for the bossed front apron should be the width of the stack plus 305mm and needs to be wide enough to provide 150mm cover on the tiles,the allowance for the upstand will vary depending on the brick courses but needs to be a minimum of 76mm,then you add 32mm for turning into the brickwork.a back gutter needs to be code5 or 6. soakers are usually just turned over the top of the lath,personally i always fix them with a copper nail.

Sponsored Links
up the tile and over the lath........gauge +lap+1inch .........every thing else done by eye ;)

Ooooooooh this reminds me of my college days happliy hammering away without a care in the world, then I became a qualified plumber and the headaches began !
Pete

bossing :mad: Did most of mine with oxy-acet. Still got the torch and hoses ;)

Nige F said:
bossing :mad: Did most of mine with oxy-acet. Still got the torch and hoses ;)

I did both and twas so much fun bossing a lead slate :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back