A T Certificate ?

BQW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one herd of a electrical qualification called a, A T Certificate ?
The reason being, is I applied for a Maint sparks job in a NHS Hospital, and was not even considered because I had no, A T Certificate ? Got all the other papers 17th, 2391 etc
Ive never herd of it, so I phoned a couple of skill centres, neither had they !

I am not sure what response they are going to get to the vacancy, starting money was
£9.84 Hr !

Sponsored Links
Could be completely unrelated to electrics, might be something about hygiene or safeguarding?

Could be completely unrelated to electrics, might be something about hygiene or safeguarding?
One might think so, but such an animal does not appear to be mentioned in the (extensive) guidelines on 'NHS Employment Checks' - for example, click here .

Further, as the OP has probably discovered, Mr Google does not seem to know about it, and "Mr Google knows everything"!

If it weren't for the salary being offered, one would suggest that the OP should contact the HR department of the hospital concerned and ask them what on earth they are talking about. If this happened in writing, it might even be a typo!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The Estates Manager I spoke to, said its related to JIB membership ?
Who knows?!

For what it's worth, although the word "certificate" appears 64 times in the (308-page) 'JIB Handbook' ( click here ), none of them relate to an "A T Certificate".

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back