adding a isolation switch to bathroom fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys i wish to add an isolation switch to bathroom fan and was just wandering how it should be wired up...would i be correct in thinking you have 3 core + earth from the fan to switch and then more 3 core from the switch the the light.? Then for the light switch you would have 2 core to the light. Finally you have your 2 core from a light/MCB to the bathroom light and then more 2 core to another set of lights/MCB. so in total there. Where i get confused is this business with permanent live, switched live and neutral..where do all the wires go? any help please?

oh 1 final thing, i have bought a MK isolation switch and was just wandering if it matter what way you wire the 3 core to it...ie load and supply, although it doesnt say anthing on the switch

cheers in advance!

Sponsored Links
the fan will be located above the bath tub on the wall...it is above 2.4metres from the floor so i beleive it will be in a zone 2.
the isolation switch will be located outside above the door

am i allowed to post links from other forums as i have found a really good diagram to show how it could be wired?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back