Adding a small consumer unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My argument has been laid before you ok you are too blind to see it PROVE YOU HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED TO A DANGEROUS SITUATION TELL ME WHY YOU THINK THAT THIS SITE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN A HOW TO DO LIST FROM B and Q AND TELL ME WHY WE SHOULD BOTHER HAVING TRADES THERE IS JUST A FEW POINTS
LIKE I SAID FAR TO BUSY PAVING YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN AND SHOWING OFF

Sponsored Links
How do you propose each poster on this site proves their competancy to be giving advice then?

I sleep very well at night dreaming about the thousands of people who have not been injured whilst DIYing their electrics thanks the the advice of me and other contributers to this and other similar sites.

You dont KNOW anything of the sort I think assume is the word you are looking for but every one you have given advice to that is non competent HAS been put in a dangerous situation by YOU and that IS A FACT because YOU have ecouraged them to do something they are NOT competent to do WAKE up you are skilled you make caltulated desicions those you have helped have at best been lucky THINK ABOUT IT

and yes they may have done it anyway MAY OR MAY be they would of got a competent person in because thet would not of had the information to HAVE A GO YOU are NO authority on MAY.You THINK what you are doing is right every organisation IN THE ELECTRICAL INDUSTRY and the government would say you are wrong the odds kinda stack against you a bit I think

Sponsored Links
My argument has been laid before you ok you are too blind to see it

PROVE YOU HAVE NOT CONTRIBUTED TO A DANGEROUS SITUATION

How do I prove that as a direct consequence of my actions, something has not happened?

Surely the easiest method would be for you to show evidence of a contributer of this website giving advice which has directly let to a member of public being put at more risk of injury than they would have been without it.

TELL ME WHY YOU THINK THAT THIS SITE IS NO DIFFERENT THAN A HOW TO DO LIST FROM B and Q

I'll excuse your double negative. I think i can grasp the point you are trying to convey.

This site is very different to the all encompassing "how to" guides from B&Q and the likes.

The guides do not asses the competence of the person proposing to do the works.
They are not upto date.
There is not a heirachy of peirs waiting to correct any mistakes in the guides.
the guides anr not able to adapt to the different needs and circumstances of a particular installation.
The guides can not answer the questions of the DIYer, if they are still unsure as to how to do a part of the job, so rather than being able to get the correct information, they have to guess what to do.

AND TELL ME WHY WE SHOULD BOTHER HAVING TRADES THERE IS JUST A FEW POINTS

When your car requires the screen wash filling up, do you do it yourself (DIY), or do you get a qualified mechanic to do it for you?

If you have the sufficient knowledege and advice to the do the job properly and safely, then why not DIY?

LIKE I SAID FAR TO BUSY PAVING YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN AND SHOWING OFF

I don't quite see where you are coming from.

Show me one post of mine where I am "showing off"?

You dont KNOW anything of the sort I think assume is the word you are looking for but every one you have given advice to that is non competent HAS been put in a dangerous situation by YOU and that IS A FACT because YOU have ecouraged them to do something they are NOT competent to do WAKE up you are skilled you make caltulated desicions those you have helped have at best been lucky THINK ABOUT IT

Yor really are too stupid to understand a simple concept arn't you?

Lets try to simplify things for you.

Do you agree that the following statement is accurate:

"Some people will DIY their electrics regardless of wether they have the sufficient skill or level of competence or not"?

Are you now telling me that changing the washer water in a car is like an non competent person playing with electricy at best you could compare it with changing a lamp

and let me simplify things for you giving people advice on work they are not competent to carry out puts people in danger

The point I am making, which you seem to have a real difficulty grasping, is that you do not need to have spent four years at college, and have years of experience to do some simple DIY electrical jobs in your own home.

Are you going to answer any of the other points I have raised?

For a start, lets try this one again.

"Some people will DIY their electrics regardless of wether they have the sufficient skill or level of competence or not"?

at the end of the day mate I am not the only person that dissagrees with you there is a whole campaign against what this site and people like you are doing and there is some pretty big organisations with government backing that will stop you are you going to tell them the nonsense you are telling me

and let me simplify things for you giving people advice on work they are not competent to carry out puts people in danger

My apprentice is not competant to wire commercial buildings. I give him advice on how to do this work safely and in accordance with all relevant regulations.

Are you saying I shouldn't be giving advice to him then?

Are you going to answer the very simple question I keep asking you?

All you have to write is "yes" or "no"

Do you supervise your apprentice and check his work I think you probably do nice try bad question

Are you going to answer the very simple question I keep asking you?

All you have to write is "yes" or "no"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back