Adding a small consumer unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaryMo that last paragraph you wrote bassically says in if someone follows advice here and someone or thing dies or something burns down it dont really matter to you as long as you dont get the law on your back :?: :!: :?: :eek: :eek:

Not at all. Just pointing out that what you're suggesting isn't practical.

I've no need to worry in any case. No advice I've given here would directly lead to any harm coming to person, livestock or property.

Sponsored Links
So what exactly is the problem with people giving advice on this site having there qualications checked and being held responsile for the advice they give.Surely it would only be a problem to people who have something to hide correct :?:

so therefore practicality is more inportant than peoples lifes :?: :!: :eek: is this a good atttitude for an electrician :?:

Who would check a members qualifications?
If a member doesn't have relevant qualifications then should he/she be banned from replying to threads?

Sponsored Links
Sidmus, you obviously feel very strongly about this but I feel we're running around in circles. I suggest you contact the forum administrator with your grievance.

The problem of who would check qualifications on a forum like this should of been thought about by who evers site it is and as for should an un qualified member be banned from giving advice you are a spark?what do you think do you think someone with out proven industry knowledge be allowed to give advice I think you know my answer

My point exactly mate who did say you were an electrician maybe I just ASSUMED as you were giving ADVICE on an ELECTRICAL forum that you were a bit like any one else coming on here looking for advice and then following advice :LOL:

I have no problems with unqualified member giving out advice.
If bad advice is given out it is usally picked up by at least one other member and commented on.

I have no problems with unqualified member giving out advice.
If bad advice is given out it is usally picked up by at least one other member and commented on.

Exactly. It's not long at all before that happens, normally provoking a multiple page thread like this one :D

the fact is unless there is something to hide no one would mind registering there qualifications and taking responsibility for there advice they give
GaryMo are you implying I am not qualified or have relivent experience or registration or are you saying that the fact I think electrical work and advice on electrical work should only be given by provable competent people is bad

GaryMo are you implying I am not qualified or have relivent experience or registration or are you saying that the fact I think electrical work and advice on electrical work should only be given by provable competent people is bad

If you believe I implied anything of the sort then please quote me.
I'm not saying its bad, just not practical. I've come across many a poor job to know what an uneducated DIY'er is capable of (or not capable of!).

If you needed an operation would you go to a doctor without qualifications or experience or a forum and ask for information and do it yourself

If you needed an operation would you go to a doctor without qualifications or experience or a forum and ask for information and do it yourself

So helping Joe Blogs change a 2 gang switch from plastic to satin is the equivalent of..........?

GaryMo was not implying was asking that is another problem of a text forum mis understanding spark said if someone offers bad advice a member usually picks it up then you said and it usually start a multiple page thread like this easily confussed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back