Adding a small consumer unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
and as said if you are so sure that this is good thing lets have some names and addresses and a few statements to prove you are willing to take the responsibility for the advice you are giving because if you cant do that then all you are doing is hiding from it.
PS I hope you have told your scheme[if you are registered on one?BAS?] that you give advice to non competent people or maybe you could give me your ref numbers and I could do it.Any takers.

Sponsored Links
Then I must question exactly why you think part p and other trade qualifications/standards are there for I would suggest that you have missed the entire point
They are there to protect the commercial interests of their members.

You seem to have missed the entire point that Part P has not outlawed DIY electrical work. You appear to be bitter and angry about that, but that's your problem, nobody else's, and this forum is not a platform for you to try and make it theirs.

and bas I have asked you to provide your qualification and the fact you have not leaves me to wonder if in fact you actually have any any
I fail to see why you want to know.

Surely you can't be planning to argue that if I don't have the qualifications you think I should have to be giving advice then the advice I give is unsound, even though you can't actually find any examples of it?

As I said - if you have an issue with any of the advice I've given then I'd be happy to discuss it with you, but there seems little point arguing about whether you think I should or should not be giving it if there's nothing actually wrong with it.

as for punctuation I didnt not realize that it was including in the regs
No - but of you're so concerned about standards maybe you ought to seek to achieve a high standard in your communications with people here.

LETS SEE THEM QUALIFICATIONS BAS
I prefer to let you wonder - it'll be entertaining to watch.

I mean on one of your posts you seemed to think it was ok to stitch cables under joists or at least attempt to make me look silly that I suggested it was not.
I did neither.

May I also ask if any competent person scheme would actually agree with any of its members providing the information you are here.NAPIT dont think its a good thing
They are entitled to that view, just as you are, but I note that they don't come here trying to get it stopped.

If you are a NAPIT member then there's nothing to stop you following their advice by not visiting this forum and not giving advice.

BAS wake up if you had anything about you what so ever you would understand that electrical installation is not a DIY thing sunny you you are a ****
And if that isn't proof that you realise that you have no logical, rational basis on which to argue your case I don't know what is.

As for what DIY work I think is acceptable and what is not that aint for me to say I stick to mine trade I would suggest you ask a plumber his opinion after all this is the electrical forum
This forum is for giving advice to DIYers. If you don't agree with that then what is the point of you being here?

I will voice my opinion where I choose thank you
Actually you'll voice your opinion where those with the power to silence you will allow it.

But keep on voicing the opinion that DIY advice should not be given to people on a DIY site and see how far you get...

and as said if you are so sure that this is good thing lets have some names and addresses and a few statements to prove you are willing to take the responsibility for the advice you are giving because if you cant do that then all you are doing is hiding from it.
PS I hope you have told your scheme[if you are registered on one?BAS?] that you give advice to non competent people or maybe you could give me your ref numbers and I could do it.Any takers.
Are you ever going to clarify what your purpose is here,and how you intend to conduct yourself in the future?

Seems to me the only arguments you have are nit picking at my punctuation and trying to make sone of my comments into some thing that I have not said quote burn all the books sorry dont get you matey I was talking about electrics and un skilled people check out page 22 iee regs competent person cant see anywhere it says a person that has been told what to do by someone they have never met or known on a forum that may or may not be competent themselves can you BAS :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It is very clear that your life has been spent in books like I said have the courage of your conviction and list your qualifications and provide a statement that you are willing to accept the responsibility of your advice easy isnt it

Sponsored Links
Sidmus - it's exactly that - advice. We can't be held accountable.

Are you suggesting that this forum should be shut down?

they are there to protect there members?I think you will find they are there to protect consumers and to make sure the work is done to an approved standard and protect people and property and what I am suggesting is that you prove at the very least are prepared to take responsibility for the advice you are giving and provide some form of evidence that you are in a position to give that advice or are you as it looks trying to side step the requestby twisting my words

FITTING LV lights in ceiling do not tell me you did not try and make me look bad BAS

no it is advice on a subject that is potentialy dangerous and that advice could kill people and if you are prepared to be giving that advice on the understanding that people are going to follow it[otherwise why give it] then you should also be willing to accept responsibility for that advice and its outcome and also be able to prove that you are in a position to give that advice in the first place

So before any replies containing advice are posted you think we should email any relevant qualifications to an assessor, yourself maybe?

Who's to say any advice given is followed exactly and in the way it was intended?
Would there be a legal comeback should any advice prove to be poor?

people come to this site and take advice in good faith because they have no or little knowledge themselves on the subject.They expect this advice to be correct and act upon that advice believing that advice to be from a competent person therefore the person giving that advice should be held responsible for the outcome and also proof of there position to give that advice checkable

Any poor advice is soon highlighted by any one of around 20 or so frequent posters who are quite obviously electricians.
You make it sound like bad advice is given frequently and is often acted upon by unsuspecting members. That's not the case.
There have been many threads where the poster suggests doing something which is clearly dangerous. They then leave with a much better idea of how to carry out what may seem like a simple job to a qualified electrician.

GaryMo that last paragraph you wrote bassically says in if someone follows advice here and someone or thing dies or something burns down it dont really matter to you as long as you dont get the law on your back :?: :!: :?: :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back