ADT alarm battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mother in law has got and ADT fitted alarm, she has long since stopped paying the monthly fee. She has an alarm going off quite regularly and it indicates the battery is low, she had this 3 or 4 yrs ago and I got a guy I know to change it but I've lost his number etc, I think the box where the battery is is also alarmed, anyone know how we can get around this ???

Sponsored Links
What is the exact message being displayed on the keypad? It could be the control panel battery as you say but if you have wireless detectors, it could also be one of those reporting in with a low battery message. If you're sure it's the panel battery, you'll need a 12v 7ah SLA battery. You can get them from Maplins but it'll cost the earth so eBay or your local electrical wholesalers would be a cheaper bet. Yucel or Yuasa are good makes.

As for "getting around" the tamper protection of the panel, it would be foolish to post info on this in the public domain. The only proper way of disabling the tamper protection would be to put the system in engineer mode using the engineer code. Failing that, you will be able to silence the alarm when you remove the lid HOWEVER, there's a fair chance that as it used to be monitored, it won't let you reset the alarm ready to re-use again as per regulations for monitored systems with police response. It may be an idea to ring around a few local alarm companies and get a quote for turning off the engineer reset and replacing the battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back