New Battery for Honeywell Galaxy 2-12 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have an alarm system left in place from the previous owner. It was previously run by ADT but we don't want to pay the fees for the ADT services.

It is all set up but we need to put a battery in to get it going again. Can anyone help with what battery we need to put in the alarm and where we would get it from?

Has anyone done similar and be able to to recommend how to do it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
12v 7ah, is there not currently one in the panel. Just swap it like for like. screwfix or toolstation.

When you say it all setup, does that mean an ADT engineer has been and removed the engineer reset etc?

If they haven't, if you take the lid off the panel you'll create a tamper fault which you may not be able to reset with your user code.

If it's not maintained, just replace it. We'll take you through the programming changes via PM to sort any issues out.

Hi no ADT came around to disconnect it and remove the battery so I don't know what the battery should be as the panel is empty! ADT no longer maintain the alarm, so thank you for this advice.

Thank you for the help through PM.. we will get the battery and work from there. Is there any advice you can give before we get going ?

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the help

Sponsored Links
Hi

We have not had a spare minute to buy the battery yet, but were planning on doing so today. I am a little apprehensive as to whether I should be doing this myself or whether I should pay the money for an alarm company to come and set it up as a remote alarm.

When I put the battery in, is it a sure deal that I can get it set up and working for a remote alarm system myself? Or is there the risk that it wont work and I will have a battery in and no working alarm? Has anyone done this before, and know that it can work?

M1Chanical - you mentioned an engineer reset... I don't know fully but when the man came around to disconnect it and take out the battery, he said it is now ready to do what you want with ie come back with our company, or go with another company... should this mean that anyone can set it up?

Apologies for all the questions, your help is appreciated :)

You need an engineers code to access the programming. ADT might have saved 'their' engineers code in the panel, or they might have set it back to default. I don't know whether there is a procedure to default the panel or not, but new G2-12 panels are on ebay for under £30 so if you get stuck just replace the panel.

BTW you can add an ethernet module to that alarm system which gives you full control of the panel from internet/phone app etc, and which contacts you if the alarm goes off. The module is about £50 and the self monitoring is £1 per month. Google selfmon for more info, there are a few happy customers on here, including me.

Rigth im assuming the alarm is currently powered down? If you want to prove your if the panel works, just power it up on the mains. The battery isn't required to power up the system. And test if the defaults codes work before you go any further.

Try 112233 for the engineers code.

BTW if your alarm was an ADT one beware some of them don't have an outside siren, but have a dummy box on the wall instead. Ours, for example, had two dummy boxes outside plus one loud siren in the lounge, plus it was geared to contact ADT by phone line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back