Advice Needed :?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a query and was wondering if anyone out there could help?

I have an old boiler that is past her best, is uneconomical to run/repair, so I need to replace her.

I was told about warmfront to help with the cost, but even with the grant amount, I am still expected to find an extra £2500 to fund the work.

I don't have this, so for a temporary solution, looking at buying a "Cheap" boiler house model.

Looking at either Grant Euroflame Utility Boiler House 70/90 or Trianco Eurostar Eurotrader 50/90.
Able to get either one with flue for about £830

I know they're not condensing boilers, but this would just be a short term solution, just to get the old boiler out of the house (She smells really bad) and with winter coming up unable to leave windows open.

One last thing, what size should a boiler house ideally be?

Many Thanks

Hayley :)

Sponsored Links
Oil boilers now have to be condensing by law as well unless you can get an exemption certificate, which I doubt.

The Grant is a good choice. They do a range of indoor and proper outdoor boilers.

The size will depend upon your home but see what size your old boiler is as a starting point.

Hi Dave,

Know they have to be condensing by law :( but cannot afford that at the mo, so it's either no CH/HW for the winter or discreetly fit a non standard boiler temp and hope no one notices/minds

Am replacing my old boiler with one the same size

Any ideas on size of boiler house, and wether insulation req?

Many Thanks

Hayley

I think this may be awkward then as a registered OFTEC engineer probably won't fit a conventional boiler for you.

Edit; Have a look at the Grant Vortex 15/26 outdoor boiler. This doesn't need to be in a boiler house, so the money you save on this might enable you to get the better compliant boiler ;)

Sponsored Links
Would be fitting myself, just a straight swop.

I do have a bit of experience, :LOL: many years ago in my misspent youth, I was an App Service Engineer with BG, plus installed a boiler in my old house, so not worried about installation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back