Advise needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of questions;

1. I am tilling the window sill and down and up the the window reveal but not around it. What do I do to make the seen end look good ie trip or is it a case of grouting any gaps?

2. The the new bath is short bout 100mm and I am wanting to shelf it off and tile it for putting smelly's on ect. Do I box it in levle with the top of the bath then stick and seal the tile on so its about 20mm on the end of the bath. If you know what I mean me drawing mite not help lol

View media item 68055

Sponsored Links
Morning.

Use a plastic tile trim on the corner of the window reveal.

For the bath, make the boxing 10-12mm lower and bring the tile flush with the end of the bath. Baths move and tiles dont so bring it over the lip doesn't work well

as tpt says, use a plastic or metal tile trim on the reveal edges, as for ya bath shelf, I would do it the was tpt has suggested EXCEPT, I would not make it perfectly level, put just a slight gradient on it, so that any water getting onto the shelf will then run into the bath and not just sit on the shelf, risking ingress

Sponsored Links
Would look better if you tiled that side of the reveal too.

Also, i know its only a sketch, but center the tiles on the window. Dont follow the window line down with the grout joint, always looks like you've just taken the easy option rather than the correct option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back