AEG 60860 won't drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Our dishwasher is showing error code .20 and there is a small amount of water in the bottom.

Every time I try to run it it starts counting down but doesn't make its usual filling up sounds then the error comes up after a few minutes.

I drained the water out and cleaned the filters.

DSC02788.jpg

Then it stated working again for about 10mins before stopping with the error again.

I unplugged the water drainage hose from the pipes under the kitchen sink and looked down it for blockage.

I can't see very far but I can see water down there. I tried holding this hose in the sink manually to see if it was connected to anything blocked but no luck.

Anyone have any idea what I can check? The service company want £160 which doesn't seem worth it for a 7 year old machine. Money's a reall issue here so if I can fix it myself it would be amazing.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the appliance is in anti flood mode place a towel to the left of the machine and tilt it toward the towel water will come out it will then work again but if it has an internal leak then it will fail again after a few mins you would need source the leak most commonly by the heater on the upper spray arm feed tube so check there first. If you rang the national number for serviceforce it is intercepted by an insurance company (domestic&general) who try to talk you into taking out a policy for a year thats not your service centre look in yellow pages for the direct line to the centre as the call out will be less but then parts would be on top

Thanks for the help.

I drained the water out from the bottom and then leaned it right over to the left.

Not much more came out.

Then I started it and it didn't seem to start, but I wiggled the hose that connects to the sink outlet and it has come on and finished a 30min cycle.

So that lean might have done the trick.

Is there any way that simply wiggling the hose got it working? It didn't seem to have a kink in it so I don't know...

Anyway, we're going to set off a proper wash for 150mins or whatever. I'll report back.

Thanks also for the tip about the service cover :)

Hi there. it has worked for about 4 full cycles of about 150mins and now the problem is back.

Does anyone know if this is a leak or a blockage come back?

Is there anything else I can try before forking out the money for a repair/new washer?

If it is a leak, how hard is it to find and repair it?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back