All RGI's

Sponsored Links
JOHNBOY42 said:
I have got one of those flueless gas fires,fitted by a family friend as a favour (corgi reg) but he said I would need to fit a air vent, but beofre I could ask where we had a fallout. can this go anywhere in the room or has it got to be at a certain level or height ...

You dont say whether the fire has been fitted or not. It should not have been commissioned before the ventilation was in place!

Whatever, the manufacturers instructions should tell you. If perchance you dont have these then DO NOT USE THE FIRE until you have read and fully understood the instructions.
I fitted one a couple of years ago and from memory 100cm² at high level and another 100cm² at low level.
I only fitted that one because the guy really had the situation weighed up and had already installed the vents.
Every one of these I have been to see since I have persuaded the customers not to get it fitted and they have taken it back for a refund. Knowing what I do now I would not entertain them.

Sponsored Links
<############ FLUELESS GAS FIRES ############ WOULD YOU HAVE ONE ? ############> " The investigation of a considerable body of evidence by members of ARGI has identified a number of serious 'safety' concerns including the lack of a British Standard governing the construction and installation of flueless gas fire appliances. It has therefore been decided to advise ARGI members not to become involved in the specifying, installation or repair/maintenance of these appliances until these concerns have been resolved and an acceptable standard has been written. For further information please contact ARGI through the Secretary, details are listed in -Welcome and Contact Details.- Signed: The Committee.

Coppied from the Argi web site.

Please remember your mate is NOT doing you any favours, quite the opposite in fact.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back