Am I being reasonable complaining about...?

Since reading this thread and realising brit plasterers are all rubbish I will be strictly employing afghan plasterers in a bid to get a superior job.

To the OP, im glad the brit plasterers came and sorted it, perhaps if they were european they'd have got it right first time?

Sponsored Links
Employ whoever you like mate, it's your country going down the pan.

The guy who gave us the 'update' was not the OP :p nice bit of trolling there.

They are the views of the vast majority.

I agree with joe---BUT yes there are a lot of good foreign workers, but there are also a lot of VERY BAD foreign workers. Both sets are under cutting ME and other plasterers by miles so then if i have no work, maybe ill sign on and take money from the state, instead of putting it back.....Not a discussion we should have on the OP thread, but if we discuss this then we need to discuss who we all vote for....and if i said i voted BNP or another right wing party, as i want BRITAIN to be BRITAIN again, wether your black white green, chinese, indian afghan...should i go on? Maybe we should start a thread in another board about this before it spirals out of control because of peoples beliefs.

Sponsored Links
huddsspread,

That is my point. Whether we agree with joe or not , this is not the place to discuss it. There is a General Discussion section to rehearse these arguments.

I am not saying joe should not have his say, I think he should fire away on whatever subject he chooses - but not in the Plastering and Rendering section.

If the first response to a query is going to be a tedious version of:

Was he a foreigner/Pole/Lithuanian/Brit ? then that is not going to help a poster .

I may as well answer every query with :

Was he from Bedfordshire? I hate people from Bedfordshire*.

But that has no relevance to a person who wants to know if he should stick his plasterboard up with bubble gum and yogurt.

Let's stick to the point and talk about the Plastering , or take it elsewhere.

I would be every disapointed if everyone here agreed on politics, religion, football, rugby, best screenplay involving a duck but we can all have a good rattle on about stuff you mix in a bucket.

* I don't, but I am from Beds, so picked it as an example

As a general rule choose a local Brit who understands the local build methods. Why gamble on a guy who probably isn't even a plasterer?

As a general rule choose a local Brit who understands the local build methods. Why gamble on a guy who probably isn't even a plasterer?

Joe, you should not gamble on any one - make sure by following the simple rule of 3 quotes and ask see the work. Make it clear full payment is on satisfactory completion (or staged payments on same basis).

A local guy with a good rep is always worth giving the benefit to, as chances are he is looking after his business and we should try to keep local business going, whether that is a spread or a book shop

But you are making two massive assumptions

- 1 There are no British cowboys
- 2 A foreigner can't be a tradesman

1- Patently ridiculous as generations have known shoddy workmen
2 Also ridiculous and if in doubt, check previous customers. Eliminate the 'probably'

If you are advising always take a Brit above anyone else regardless of standard or reliability, then we'll just have to disagree on that one.

If you feel you can judge the quality of workmanship by appearance or accent, then that is a neat trick...........

You may love migrants ( and obviously do) to the rest of us they are simply here to take work away for Brits and send them bust, Now that is a neat trick eh.
If you want to push immigration then do it in another thread.

Joe,I don't love migrants any more or less than anyone else. They are all people. You are from migrant stock yourself, just they probably came here a bit further back.

Lkewise, If you want to push bigotry , keep it out of here.This is not a section for politics or racism.

I will reply to any of your nonsense questions here as long as you keep parroting 'is he a Brit' 'Bet he was Polish' etc etc

Give it a rest FFS - immigration has nothing to do with racism - grow up.
One day economic migration will affect you and your family - when it does you'll be the first to squeal.

Give it a rest FFS - immigration has nothing to do with racism - grow up.
One day economic migration will affect you and your family - when it does you'll be the first to squeal.

Referring to dicsussions on General Discussion, where all this should be left.

You can make the arguments without the playground stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back