Any ideas? New CU keeps tipping.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
3m tails were used, not sure if they were trimmed looks more like 2.5m. They are not in the wall, they are exposed right now but will be put in trunking or more likely boxed in and plaster boarded when the kitchen is done. What about the 63A isolator, I notice the new CU is indeed a 100A main switch.

That is correct, however fitting a type S is pointless as it acheives nothing.

In a slightly cynical mood...

My main isolator looks identical externally to that other than the the 125A silk screened onto the front. I do sometimes wonder if there is much difference internally... But alas one cannot use underrated equipment on the basis of an assumption!

They are not in the wall, they are exposed right now but will be put in trunking or more likely boxed in and plaster boarded when the kitchen is done. What about the 63A isolator, I notice the new CU is indeed a 100A main switch.

Surface mounted trunking is ok as its obvious cables are inside,
but you should not plaster board over them.

The red switched isolators never trip themselves automatically. They are for humans to operate. They are just a switch.

Your main fuse is probably 60A, so not a major concern.

These are more suited to what you want though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wylex-100...066?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27ffd96612

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Can u get surface mounted trunking that doesnt look rank? Would just be in the corner from counter top to wall unit.

Your supply does not look N & E combined, it looks like TN-S.

service_40A.jpg

I think the problem was with the CU's neutral wiring, the twinned earth was probably just something I picked up on while confusion reigned.

You were told that this was the problem in the second reply to your opening post, but chose to ignore it for some reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back