Architect gone awol -Submitting plans?

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We commissioned an architect for some extension plans in mid July and the agreement was half of the payment up front and half on signing off the plans.

He sent me the drawings and building regs plan about 3 weeks ago and we had a discussion by email about a few minor things. He didn't have the answer to one of my questions and was going to get back to me.

Since then I've been completely unable to get hold of him. No replies to emails, not answering the phone and no-one in his office when I've walked past.

We've got a plan and a building regs drawing, is that enough to start getting quotes for the work? Assuming something has happened to him (hopefully nothing bad) can I submit these myself? Is there anything else we would need?

We've got a deadline to get this done and having a random delay in the middle is stressing us both out.

Sponsored Links
Are building reg plans definitely included as usually these are prepared once planning has been approved?

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
Are building reg plans definitely included as usually these are prepared once planning has been approved?

Apparently it's permitted development (loft dormer) so maybe that is why?

It says building regs on it and details dimensions, joists, lintel, wall construction, steel sizes etc.

Sponsored Links
Yes if you think they are complete, submit them and use them for quotes.

If the council have queries, then either answer them or get them conditioned and deal with them on site. The issue will be if the queries need addressing before the plans will be approved, in which case you'll need to find someone else to answer them.

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back