Are you lost?

• Thread starter Deleted member 192609
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
And politics is very tribal so debates break down into insults.

Problem is there is often no empathy attributed. Especially by @Notch7

He has some interesting and some would say debatable positions but as a manic keyboard warrior he simply won’t give up.

Like a dog with a bone

Sponsored Links
It's better than some other forums I have used in the past. It's also the nature of the beast, I think. If everyone was polite, I think the discussions would soon fizzle out.

There's definitely a cut and thrust here, can get quite lively at times. I like it, and would be boring without. Some do definitely enjoy the sport. You just have to accept that's the way it is and enjoy it. Thick skin definitely comes in handy. For any delicate flowers, there's always Mumsnet. :idea:

There's definitely a cut and thrust here, can get quite lively at times. I like it, and would be boring without. Some do definitely enjoy the sport. You just have to accept that's the way it is and enjoy it. Thick skin definitely comes in handy. For any delicate flowers, there's always Mumsnet. :idea:
Pretty much agree.

You and me rarely see things in the same way, but we don't fall out and it doesn't stop us getting on in other threads, sections.

Sponsored Links
Out of interest, in non-internet world, is that the sort of thing you'd say to someone?

That's the whole point. Within reason, things are said on here in a way that you wouldn't contemplate in a pub, for example. Unless you liked ending your nights out with a bloody nose.

OK, but why do the usual suspect have to turn almost every thread on it's head like this? Sadly, some of the main culprits who do this, whom I have blocked, sometimes do make valuable and serious contributions to threads.

Who amongst you, really want to try to help someone with a heating issue, in a thread - where the thread gets waylaid into an argument abut Brexit, or the covid jab?

He has some interesting and some would say debatable positions but as a manic keyboard warrior he simply won’t give up.

Like a dog with a bone
The problem is how to respond to arguments that are wholly irrational or prejudiced. If someone says we left the eu to take back control, it takes a little time and effort to counter that with evidence and facts.

OK, but why do the usual suspect have to turn almost every thread on it's head like this? Sadly, some of the main culprits who do this, whom I have blocked, sometimes do make valuable and serious contributions to threads.

Who amongst you, really want to try to help someone with a heating issue, in a thread - where the thread gets waylaid into an argument abut Brexit, or the covid jab?

I don't visit the plumbing dept much these days, so don't know if hijacking is a problem there. You're right if you're saying a thread in plumbing should mostly contain info re plumbing - with maybe slight digressions. However in General I think there's much more licence for threads to morph.

Simple. Just block Himmy. ;)
Well I wasn't thinking of Himmy particularly or his current identity, but if someone believes something no amount of argument, with the occasional exceptions, is going to change that. Its when the posts descend into gratuitous insults that moderation is perhaps needed, but there seems to be an almost complete absence of it at present. I guess views mean advertising revenue.

Like a dog with a bone
no empathy....

this is coming from somebody who thinks people on benefits are lazy scroungers

if you had some empathy you would ask yourself why people on benefits dont work more than 16 hours

the answer is that their benefits get stopped so if they work over 16 hours they probably cant afford to live

You blamed austerity on people on benefits, you think they are lazy..........why do you think that, do you have evidence?

IMG_5416.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back