Are you lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do some people come on to this DIY forum and not discuss DiY?

There are accounts which seem to exist only to start arguments and which never offer any advice or ask any questions on the DIY/trades groups!

Can admin please get on top of this... I don't bother posting on some threads because I know I'll just be subjected to a pile on by the trolls.

Sponsored Links
I realise general discussion is not for everybody, I'm sorry if it annoys you but perhaps dont visit it if you dont like it

there are very very few usernames which only visit General Discussion -I can only think of one person, maybe 2 tops

I don't bother posting on some threads because I know I'll just be subjected to a pile on by the trolls.
I wise strategy. I too find, if I don't want sh*t flung my way, it's good to avoid walking on the footpath that crosses the adjacent farmer's field when he's spreading.

Thankfully the -isms/-ists confine themselves and their opinions to GD, so you can find plenty of other forums to post in to give and receive help. It's a bit of a nuisance that the "What's new" list is 90% drivel, but the more you use it the more you skip past it without even seeing it

Sponsored Links
There was a time here when GD was fading away.
To me it looks like it flares up when something suitable crops up The title doesn't relate to DIY which I have used but in some respects that hasn't been that helpful.

This section actually is pretty unique on a general type forum covering a particular area of interest.

I don’t kno how free to signup forums work, but if it’s anything to do with the amount of traffic, it might give you the answer?

I liken GD on this forum to a few tradespeople and keen diy'ers with different views sitting on a break discussing this that the other. Often widely different views, often on the heated side of debate, and if we were sitting together in real life, I like to think at the end of each discussion someone would say 'right, who's for another cuppa?'

I liken GD on this forum to a few tradespeople and keen diy'ers with different views sitting on a break discussing this that the other. Often widely different views, often on the heated side of debate, and if we were sitting together in real life, I like to think at the end of each discussion someone would say 'right, who's for another cuppa?'
The thing is though, in a real situation, how many would be would be an antagonist?

LOL I do look at the DIY sections now and again but often find bits that I could contribute to are well covered.

;) I just did to point out an aspect about a particular question heading a thread.

The thing is though, in a real situation, how many would be would be an antagonist?
It's an interesting point, keyboard warriors, hiding behind the anonymity of the internet etc.

Another thing I like about this forum is the mods not banning folk for the slightest thing.

Why do some people come on to this DIY forum and not discuss DiY?

There are accounts which seem to exist only to start arguments and which never offer any advice or ask any questions on the DIY/trades groups!

Can admin please get on top of this... I don't bother posting on some threads because I know I'll just be subjected to a pile on by the trolls.

Find the "ignore" button.

There are a few names that I can think of... and they all belong to the one and only....
Yes, him...
Himmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back