ariston micro m23 combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on either hot water or central heating call off there is no electronic spark
having first checked fuses which are ok,1 then checked gas release into chamber when tap is first turned on, this is fine as I am able to light gas by naked flame ie my lighter, my question is ....... can I assume that I just need to buy a new spark generator or is there anything else I should be looking for?

Sponsored Links
If the ignition electrodes and connecting wires are fine AND the EHT generator has a supply at its input then its reasonable to assume its faulty.

Tony

Start at the beginning and check fan and aps, but from the description of your testing methods I would get a CORGI in :eek:

help! !!
I have replaced the spark generator and the spark electrodes I have power to the unit, fan runs ok, i got green lights on display and when failure to light the red reset light comes on and when pressed the boiler resets, as i said i get initial gas release into chamber but still no spark on water call off ?

Sponsored Links
Its not the correct way to repair boilers to just blindly change parts.

Since you are dealing with gas aspects on your boiler and you do not sound at all gas competent then I cannot risk giving you any further advice apart from getting a competent CORGI.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back