Back door gas fitters it got to stop.

Do you guys have SHIFT keys?

and spell checker? it is Aberdeen though it is very different up there to the rest of the country, it is actually one of the most boring places I have ever worked, people seem so down and unhappy all the time

Can't disagree with that, it's like working in Coatbridge.

for the first time, i think i find myself agreeing with you :D
coatbridge is just a town where people are getting on with their life and trying to make the most of what they have, not like the metropolis that is Glasgow, i mean who ever forgets working in castlemilk, bridgeton. calton, shettleston, possilpark etc etc haha

Sponsored Links
Which reminds me; there's an 'A' board advertising a tyre place near where I work.

Apparently, according to the 'A' board, they fix puntures. (Sic)

probably an East European?

Last tyre repair I had was by a Syrian ( working for a Greek ) so I could practice my arabic.

Tony

Do tell Tony I'm sure they are dying to know how you say change a tyre in Arabic.

kirkgas";p="2308713 said:
[quote="kirkgas";p="2308559" thought it was dictation (ie the way to describe faults in such a fashion as to be understood) but if it is diction then i stand corrected

Diction; choice of words especially with regard to correctness, clearness, or effectiveness

Dictation; the act or manner of uttering words to be transcribed
I.e; the method by which a secretary takes a letter verbally to be typed, either by recording or shorthand.

Sponsored Links
The people 'kirkgas' turns out are wholely unskilled & a danger to the themselves & the public.

Is he or any mickey mouse course provider going to face the Judge on a Manslaughter Charge when some useless ex-milkman takes the side of a house out & kills someone?? No f.cking chance, they'll still be stuck in their Classroom counting their money & wating for the next load of braindead morons to come through the door.

The only advert for 'Gas Fitters' in our local Scottish dailly rag is Kirk's cowboy course, there's no other work for people with ACS! So if you think you can retrain & be a career change chancer, think again son.........THERE'S NO WORK FOR GAS FITTERS!!!

your opinion and you are welcome to it, but i will take you to task on saying everyone i put through gas is dangerous, what a pompous and unwarrented comment, its domestic gas we are teaching them, not brain surgery, how hard is it? no wonder people get on their high horse with gas guys thinking they are the high and mighty, and before anyone jumps on me for this comment, i agree it takes time and skill to learn fault finding quickly and cost effectively, but basic gas servicing and installing is not hard if you have basic intelligence and endeavour, i mean look around you anyone of us can name tradesmen who are not fit to be called such, but have been doing the job for many years, but the old Lanarkshire saying of how you rated someone was " i wouldnt send him to work in my grannies house"
my opinion is slightly different, as to us facing court the system is the same for new entrants as for the great pool of experts, in the game for many years who make mistakes/are careless and injure people, they will inspect the examination process and if it is found to be robust and fair and delivered professionally then you are right i wont go to court, if you come through the centre and fly through because you are an expert then go on to injure someone through negligence or cutting corners or an honest mistake why should i get the blame? you passed an exam set by others and adminitered by me using a tried and tested method, YOU killed them not me, same scenario as a driver killing 3 of his passengers 3 days after passing the test, who is to blame the driving instructor, the examiner, both, OR the driver who should know better, as to how much gas work is out there, you will be better placed than me to say, so as a reply to your statement how much work do you have at the moment for yourself if self employed or for your guys if you have people working for you,

if you have anyone working for you i would expect you to have a robust method statement or management system in place to protect your company from getting into trouble if one of your guys killed someone, as you seem to think you are better than some on here im assuming your business accumen is as good as your gas & plumbing skills so you will have all this in place, and also i think im right in saying you have commented on both gas and plumbing so if im right and you do both which are you time served in and which are you a ccc in,
im a time served plumber so im a ccc into gas, but im doing ok and havent killed anyone yet, and i honestly feel im careful dedicated enough to ensure as best i can that i dont kill anyone, but as a gas ccc its only a matter of time.

One point you've not addressed; is my point about taking their money, trying to train these chancers & then putting them out the door into a world where there's no work. There's no work, no site work, no domestic work, no service work & no hope of there being any soon......... :rolleyes:

Charnwood";p="2308909 said:
[quote="kirkgas";p="2308559" thought it was dictation (ie the way to describe faults in such a fashion as to be understood) but if it is diction then i stand corrected

Diction; choice of words especially with regard to correctness, clearness, or effectiveness

Dictation; the act or manner of uttering words to be transcribed
I.e; the method by which a secretary takes a letter verbally to be typed, either by recording or shorthand.

many thanks, see im just a thicko plumber playing with the big gas boys stuff haha

The people 'kirkgas' turns out are wholely unskilled & a danger to the themselves & the public.

Is he or any mickey mouse course provider going to face the Judge on a Manslaughter Charge when some useless ex-milkman takes the side of a house out & kills someone?? No f.cking chance, they'll still be stuck in their Classroom counting their money & wating for the next load of braindead morons to come through the door.

The only advert for 'Gas Fitters' in our local Scottish dailly rag is Kirk's cowboy course, there's no other work for people with ACS! So if you think you can retrain & be a career change chancer, think again son.........THERE'S NO WORK FOR GAS FITTERS!!!

your opinion and you are welcome to it, but i will take you to task on saying everyone i put through gas is dangerous, what a pompous and unwarrented comment, its domestic gas we are teaching them, not brain surgery, how hard is it? no wonder people get on their high horse with gas guys thinking they are the high and mighty, and before anyone jumps on me for this comment, i agree it takes time and skill to learn fault finding quickly and cost effectively, but basic gas servicing and installing is not hard if you have basic intelligence and endeavour, i mean look around you anyone of us can name tradesmen who are not fit to be called such, but have been doing the job for many years, but the old Lanarkshire saying of how you rated someone was " i wouldnt send him to work in my grannies house"
my opinion is slightly different, as to us facing court the system is the same for new entrants as for the great pool of experts, in the game for many years who make mistakes/are careless and injure people, they will inspect the examination process and if it is found to be robust and fair and delivered professionally then you are right i wont go to court, if you come through the centre and fly through because you are an expert then go on to injure someone through negligence or cutting corners or an honest mistake why should i get the blame? you passed an exam set by others and adminitered by me using a tried and tested method, YOU killed them not me, same scenario as a driver killing 3 of his passengers 3 days after passing the test, who is to blame the driving instructor, the examiner, both, OR the driver who should know better, as to how much gas work is out there, you will be better placed than me to say, so as a reply to your statement how much work do you have at the moment for yourself if self employed or for your guys if you have people working for you,

if you have anyone working for you i would expect you to have a robust method statement or management system in place to protect your company from getting into trouble if one of your guys killed someone, as you seem to think you are better than some on here im assuming your business accumen is as good as your gas & plumbing skills so you will have all this in place, and also i think im right in saying you have commented on both gas and plumbing so if im right and you do both which are you time served in and which are you a ccc in,
im a time served plumber so im a ccc into gas, but im doing ok and havent killed anyone yet, and i honestly feel im careful dedicated enough to ensure as best i can that i dont kill anyone, but as a gas ccc its only a matter of time.

One point you've not addressed; is my point about taking their money, trying to train these chancers & then putting them out the door into a world where there's no work. There's no work, no site work, no domestic work, no service work & no hope of there being any soon......... :rolleyes:

its a simple thing called market forces dictating who delivers what, they want it, they have the money training centres sell them what they want, (not all centres rob or con people but i agree some do from what i read on places like this but we dont, so if you dont mid leave the personal attacks out of it), i dont know if you know anything of what we actually do, but you are welcome to come in for your ACS re-assessment, i will even give you 50% discount (an industry leader like yourself will be in for 1.5-2 days assessment only, so about £250 to you to make it worth while, you are very derogatory towards people who want something and to training centres in general, again your choice but very arrogant, apologies for not answering your money point, now be a good sport and answer the questions i asked you, its only fair and right

Delta once you answer my last post i will need to put you back on my banned list :eek:

Boring old timers. I completed my course through the dole. Although I have been working on gas and plumbing since I was 16 I did not get my gas ticket until I was 30, five years ago. Sonce then I have worked damm hard to get to the leaval im at now. I didnt rip people of on my journey and my workmanship is second to none. Everything I learnt was self taught. I know work for a boiler manifature and am never questioned on my skills. After reading through these threads I think the lot of you need retraning as all old schoool remidies for boiler problems are just a compensation forthe real fault god dont know how halfof you boys made any money apart from call backs.

Delta once you answer my last post i will need to put you back on my banned list :eek:

Sorry kirk, what question? Ach, put me on the banned list if you wish or can. This forum is in danger of becoming like Screwflux; they banned all the good guys that were answering the DaftyDIYers questions & now it's been abandoned - by everyone!!.............. :LOL: :LOL:

Boring old timers. I completed my course through the dole. Although I have been working on gas and plumbing since I was 16 I did not get my gas ticket until I was 30, five years ago. Sonce then I have worked damm hard to get to the leaval im at now. I didnt rip people of on my journey and my workmanship is second to none. Everything I learnt was self taught. I know work for a boiler manifature and am never questioned on my skills. After reading through these threads I think the lot of you need retraning as all old schoool remidies for boiler problems are just a compensation forthe real fault god dont know how halfof you boys made any money apart from call backs.

Ah, so the British Tax payer paid for your cowboy course then?? Me & all the other 'auld yins' you're now slagging off??!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back