Ban the Burkha?

I

imamartian

Government say...no!!!

should we? are we bothered?

making covering the face illegal.... what if a volcanic cloud descends?

Is the burkha a terrorist threat?

Sponsored Links
Yes ban it. Yes it's a threat. Yes it's just plain silly.

It's only worn because men don't want others to see their ladies and presumably lust over them - it's called judging others by one's own standards.

If you don't want to assimilate into a host nation who you are asking to embrace you, then ferk off.

but women wearing it, and many others think it a sign of muslim freedom to wear it...most women, whether indoctrinated, or not acually believe in it... and how many do you actually see daily?

i'm for a ban . by the way !!! would just like to squeeze out my doubts!

Sponsored Links
Sometimes people are blind to the facts. Members of the catholic group opus dei were required to take part in self-flagellation to help them appreciate their own mortality and frailties. Just daft I'm afraid.

Being "free" to express their obsolete religious practices isn't freedom - it's the complete opposite.

if I owned a shop, could I refuse entrance to someone wearing a burka?
I can by law ( as far as I know ) refuse entry for people wearing crash helmets ( seen several signs saying crash helmets must be removed before entering the shop ), and I'm pretty sure that I could refuse entry to little oiks with their hoodies up and drawn in to hide their face..

it's another form of "the management reserves the right to refuse service...." blah blah blah.. surely?

no shoes, no shirt, no service...
or
no jeans, no trainers etc dress codes for entry to some clubs etc..

me thinks the men make them cover there face because they are pig ugley :)

Ban them? No, but compel wearers to remove them if instructed to by police/immigration, etc for the purposes of identity checking. That seems like tolerance to me.

Personally I don't like to see them and find them sinister, but that's maybe my own ignorance manifesting....

Don't forget that one of the failed London Bombers escaped by dressing as a Muslim woman by wearing a burkha !!!

What I can't understand is these Muslim women who actually pass their driving test and drive cars whilst peering out of 1" wide slits in their veils?
How on earth can that be safe? If I were to drive and could only see out of a slit like that, I'd be done by the police for not having full visibility.
On the Jeremy Vine show today, the subject was the MP who says he won't speak to any woman wearing a veil. Some Muslim man had the cheek to text in and say no man should dictate what a woman can wear ( whilst completely forgetting that Muslim men dictate what their wives wear) ;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back