BANG WHEN FLAME CUTS IN

Was not suggesting you change it just telling you how to disregrad it as fault if it is gas valve if you get it changed these take less than half hour to remove and set up.
Yeah been away for some R and R and prob need another week off to get over it. ;)

Sponsored Links
Anyway im glad your back , most people on here just say ohhhhh call a corgi guy (and before people start i know all gas jobs should be done by a corgi guy )

My opinion is this is a DIY site which a lot of people forget and i don`t mind helping. I will say what a prob is and how it can possibly be fixed but wont encourage people to work past ther skill level . I give prices for parts because it really pis#es me off how some people out there rip people off by lying about how much something costs . If people want to make X amount on a job i have no qualms but be honest and say .

Just had boilerman around , he confirmed that gas valve was banging but said it was safe and working fine so no point in changing it !

Sponsored Links
Next time your near your boiler, check by looking through the eye glass that the piezo is sparking properly! It is probably that the gas valve is opening but not igniting the gas as quickly as it should. I'm not familiar with the 105e but if it has a pilot that ignites first and then the pilot lights the main burner check the pilot is lighting for at least a 2-3 seconds before the main burner ignites? If not then you either have a faulty gas valve or p.c.b has a fault? Have had similar problems after water damage

How many more f**kwits are going to post carp answers.....the gas valve BANGS when the gas is turned OFF, it has NOTHING to do with ignition. STOP confusing the OP. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Next time your near your boiler, check by looking through the eye glass that the piezo is sparking properly! It is probably that the gas valve is opening but not igniting the gas as quickly as it should. I'm not familiar with the 105e but if it has a pilot that ignites first and then the pilot lights the main burner check the pilot is lighting for at least a 2-3 seconds before the main burner ignites? If not then you either have a faulty gas valve or p.c.b has a fault? Have had similar problems after water damage

One wonders why you write that if you know nothing about boilers.

It can only serve to confuse people.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back