Bath panel two inches short

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone , well i have made a monumental F"£k up fitted my new bath went to fit the bath panel and it is two inches too short, to make matters worse it is a p shaped bath.

The story behind it is i removed the old bath which i now seem to remember was sat on two bits of two inch timber , put the new bath and tiled to the existing tile line :( . Im pretty sure i know where i messed up so thats not my problem, my problem is the two inch gap :)

Does anyone know how i may be able to remedy this please ? without ripping the whole bath out and starting again ?

Feel a right plank , but mistakes get made unfortunately mines a big one

thanks in advance

Nick

Sponsored Links
I agree and I would glue the strip on the back of the panel, this would mean also gluing on a strip of timber to the depth of the turned in edge at the bottom of panel to form an overhang and would mean no ledge to catch the dust and grime on.

We had a similar problem, we had to replace our bath panel and any P shaped replacements we could find were too short. So, we lowered the bath to make the panel fit. But, to solve the tile problem we bought some complementary mosaic tile and used it to make a border to fill the two inch gap. Looks great and we found it to be less of a hassle than rejigging the panel itself.

Sponsored Links
as above glue on trim suspect the the same at both ends may balance it up better
any pictures

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back