baxi 80e fan cycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am working on a baxi 80 the fan is going on and off, on the 50 red light flashing showing there is a fan/flue fault,i have changed the air pressure switch to no avail, would it be the venturi, would there be any other reason why the fan is cycling on and off quickly,many thanks

heating tech

Sponsored Links
With one of the first CORGi numbers of 001465 I am surprised that you have not encountered this problem before!

By now you should have learned that cleaning the venturi is a first thing to do and follow that by a check that the APS tubes and wires are correctly connected and the APS tests OK electrically.

If all else is Ok then that points to a faulty PCB but everything else must be carefully checked properly first.

Tony

i have only worked on these type of combi boilers for the last 2 years i have been used to the vaillaint and worc combi's including the oil and gas worc 400 series and we all now how they take some getting use to.

with the boilers i now work on the ferrolli , biasi and am learning real quick but being very honest hadnt come up against this fault before and not the sort of tech to be a parts changer and even though i have done it for a good number of years always like to learn something new,

i didn't want to take out the venturi before getting another one in case it broke apart and left the customer completely without hot water, checked the APS and tubes first and kept making and not making tried pulling one tube off the APS like some of the modern boilers which made no difference and left of the cover too

many thanks for the kind help on this one

gary

Sponsored Links
Its only the ferolli whose venturis fall apart when you look at them. The baxi ones are quite strong.

I dont remember the Baxi but the similar performa have the venturi fitted upside down but thats correct!

You must run with both tubes fitted although they can push the APS harder with only one tube attached.

Its most likely the PCB but ensure everything else, including connections are correct first.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back