Baxi Ecoblue stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our boiler has stopped working and I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on what could be wrong. It's only just over a year old.

Boiler is a Baxi Ecoblue Advanced 16
Pump is an Embrass Eclipse Circulation 6 Metre - (no model number on the pump that I can see but this one is identical)

Problem:

When switching on either the hot water or heating at the control panel. The pump initially starts up but only reaches around 18-22W max (should be 45W) and then quickly decreases in number and usually hovers around 11-12W. During this short time the boiler initially sounds like it ignites but then after 10 seconds or so it flames out. A short time after that, the reset button is a solid green and the power/ignition button slowly flashes green once every few seconds. Which, according to the manual is an error code for 'Boiler Temp Reached'.

I've tried the reset button, doing that usually makes the boiler try to reignite but fails. Pressing and holding the reset button causes the power/ignite button to flash red very quickly and this continues until I release the reset button.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem may be?

Thank you.

Couple of photos in case they're of use:
IMG_20171119_134619-01.jpeg IMG_20171119_134615.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
your system pressure is too low top it up to 1.5 Bar and try it again

in your picture with the pressure guage and red tank there is a silver braided hose it will have a valve at one end sometimes there is a valve at each end, open this/these till the guage reads 1.5 then close them again

Sponsored Links
in your picture with the pressure guage and red tank there is a silver braided hose it will have a valve at one end sometimes there is a valve at each end, open this/these till the guage reads 1.5 then close them again

Aside from what you can see in the photo of the gauge above. The other end of the silver braided hose is the photo below. Is the black tap the valve you are referring to?

IMG_20171119_163205.jpg

yes that is it turn the black handle a quarter turn and you will hear water filling the system then close it again when you get to 1.5 bar

Do any others find these 'power saving' ERP pumps set on Manual Control when attending?, cannot say I have ever left one knowingly on auto....

yes that is it turn the black handle a quarter turn and you will hear water filling the system then close it again when you get to 1.5 bar

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. After a quarter turn it did sound like water was filling the system but the pressure gauge never moved. Water started coming out from the pipe that leads outside so I had to shut it off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back