Baxi Solo 3 PF50 boiler - Chattering relay fault

Underwurlde, perhaps if you have so much experience in this field, maybe you should punt yourself around some of the leading manufacturer's and show them how to make electronic component's bulletproof.
Thanks for the career advice, but I already do. I design wheelchair controllers (for which my companty supplies to 75% of the worlds market) & also interface units for the severely disabled. I also design high power industrial controllers.

So, yes my designs are bullet proof. They are UL, TUV, FDA, BS5750 pt14 & 510K approved. I think I know more than enough about safety critical designs, design for manufacture, and how much such products cost to design and manufacture. The products I design are produced in their hundreds of thousands per annum. There is absolutely NO reason why a 'PCB' is made down to the lowest cost should it therefore contain problems. My designs do not. That is why my company dominates the market: They are the cheapest to manufacture, are the safest and offer the best control. It's a no-brainer for the customers.

Arrogant? If so then that's probably down to the wave of rudeness and arrogance recieved in the first place.

Sponsored Links
underwurlde said:
@softus. Dude, calm down and wind your neck back in!
You seem confused, and in need of reminding that you're the one who's not calm.

Obviously no point in me becoming embroiled in and wasting my time with a meaningless argument with a person who has clearly got the worlds biggest chip on his shoulder!
A chip. Really. That's pretty rich coming from someone who can't stop himself from vomiting a list of his qualifications all over the topic, and who has a thing about other people calling themselves engineers. :rolleyes:

The reason you're ducking out of the argument is because you lost it before you started. Even if you think I have some kind of personal baggage (and let's face it, most of us do), then I don't see what it has to do with my perfectly reasonable explanation of why your grandiose statement was more glaringly wrong than a naked nonse at a 5 year old's birthday birthday.

I'm disappointed, although not really surprised, that someone who's apparently so well 'educated' can't offer a counter-argument of any more sophistication than the equivalent of "you've got a big nose, so ner".

underwurlde said:
Arrogant? If so then that's probably down to the wave of rudeness and arrogance recieved in the first place.
I see. So all of your qualifications haven't taught you to be the bigger person then. You excuse your own behaviour on the basis that someone else did it first. What a f**king baby.

And if you can't spell, and can't remember to use a spell checker, then how credible do you think your wondrous claims really are?

Not very. That's how credible.

Seems to me the arrogance started in the first post of this thread with phrases like "First off, I am an electrical & electronics engineer c 20 years experience." and "There is no way on earth I am going to pay £120 for a) Someone's bad design (MY company would NEVER do this) and b) Pay that much for something that would cost less than £10 to make" and, of course, the classic "Don't argue the toss with me about this"

markie said:
Your right the first time all plumbers are fat men, only too willing to rip the public off :LOL:

I think he is getting at you Chris!

Sponsored Links
@Softarse, you are obviously having difficulty in winding your neck back in and you are utterly unable to stop yourself from being down right rude to people, a common theme with you, not just in this thread but many others. That is why I simply cannot be bothered with you - I have NOTHING to prove. Never mind, some people are born with bigger mouths than brains.

The point of stating any qualifications I had at the start of the thread was so that people could respond at a certain level of understanding instead of the usual 'have you replaced the fuse?'. If people cannot handle that and for some God known reason take offence then though, fuk off and get a life.

So, come on then Mr. Mouth, what experience do YOU have of the design & manufacture of products APART from the crap you've learnt down the pub?

And if you can't spell, and can't remember to use a spell checker, then how credible do you think your wondrous claims really are?
Honestly, who gives a sh1t. If this is all you have to gain a feeling of superiority over someone else? Is this what you base your feeling of credibility on? What is 'softus' a spelling of anyway?

wondrous claims
What the hell are you blathering on about now? If I can go down to poxy Tesco's and buy a DVD player for 20 quid which is far more complex than a boiler 'PCB' AND would obviously include the hidden costs of all those things you have listed, why would it cost so much to make a boiler 'PCB'?

glaringly wrong than a naked nonse at a 5 year old's birthday birthday
And you're having a go at me for my typo's :eek:

underwurlde, I called him softarse once (I'm sure I wasn't the first)during a squabble we were having. He may sometimes be rude or sometimes pedantic, but he is also intelligent, readable, amusing, usually right and not an arrogant pr*ck like yourself.
sorry softus not trying to answer for you (I know you can do that for yourself) go get him.

joineryisahobbynotatrade said:
Agile said:
markie said:
Your right the first time all plumbers are fat men, only too willing to rip the public off :LOL:

I think he is getting at you Chris!

I take GREAT offence at this

i am not fat :p :p

I am

I make jabba the hut look anorexic

:)

And I am Jolly Yay for me!

Underwulde, You would look a lot less "bothered" if you stopped posting :)

after all you have nothing to prove as you say, so why keep trying to prove that you have nothing to prove :):)

Am I bovvered? Do I look bovvered? Am I bovvered? Bovvered? Me?

Nah, I think perhaps you may be right. No one is going to prove this argument anyway, so what's the point? It's just turning into a slanging match that the mods such have nipped in the bud many posts ago.

Let's just agree to disagree?

underwurlde said:
Am I bovvered? Do I look bovvered? Am I bovvered? Bovvered? Me?

Nah, I think perhaps you may be right. No one is going to prove this argument anyway, so what's the point? It's just turning into a slanging match that the mods such have nipped in the bud many posts ago.

Let's just agree to disagree?

Stout Fella

The lads here dont half like a circular argument

All DIY not regulars for parliment I say

gas4you said:
Free bar in parliament aint it corgi :?: :LOL:

about 14 of em gas

Bagsy I am Minister For Pie consumption thou

you can have the ministry of funny walks ;)

Softus Can be secretary Of Foriegn Affairs, We would get anything we like from the EU USA etc, they will just agree to shut him up ( I jest Soft old Fruity ;) )
(would LOVE to see him up against DUBYA ) lol

Agile can be secrety of Industry (he is bound to get em doing stuf "a little bit cheaper"

BOB DOLE Minister for work and pensions (tee hee)

lmao

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back