Becoming gas safe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the first steps for becoming gas safe?

I currently have my NVQ 2 and would now like to go down the gas road.
I know NVQ 3 touches on the gas but i have decided that is not the path for me. Reason being i would like to get my gas out of the way while im currently working for a gas safe company. If need be i can then look at level three at a later date.

Any advice on what my first steps should be would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Any advice on what my first steps should be would be very appreciated.

It has been so long since I qualified, I have no idea. But then nor would a lot of folk here, and you are never going to know whether you have recieved valid advice. Why not just phone GS and ask? If you can, get them to have an inspector call (theatrical note), who may offer more practical advice than a phone based operative.

I would stick with level 3 you will cover your basic ACS elements among other quals like unvented, water regs part L and such. At time I did my basic ACS I was offered extra units a discounted price. Level 3 should take no more 9 - 12 months to do. Well worth it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back