Best Brand Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently looking at getting a new heating system installed and will need a new boiler. It's going to need to be a big one, with 10 rads (some of which are quite large) split over 3 floors.

What I'd like to know is what brands of boiler you folks would recommend for both quality and reliability. I used to have a Worcester Bosch in my old place, which seemed fine for the 4 years I was there.

With all your real world experiences I'm sure you know which ones to avoid!

Cheers all

Sponsored Links
chuckalicious said:
anyone wish to disagree?

Not really, it's been done to death a hundred times. Just look back over recent threads.

Sponsored Links
I agree i install vaillant or wocester for gas,Grant only for oil. Broag? new to me :?:

chrishutt said:
chuckalicious said:
Sorry, I did look, and didn't find anything

This for example, just a few threads down on the first page of the topics menu.

1. Completely missed that one
2. He was asking for recommended lpg boilers. As far as I know one manufacturer could make good natural gas boilers and bad lpg ones.
3. I didn't specify what type of gas I'd be using, so ignore point 2 :)

Either way, you've answered my question, so thanks.

chuckalicious said:
Sorry, I did look, and didn't find anything

If you want quality then go for Atag or Veissmann. Have features such as weather compensation that other boilers dream about. ;) Also whatever you buy check the warranty on the heat exchanger. 10 years is what you should expect.

That sounds cool :) Bear in mind I have £3600 to spend on an entire system with 10 rads. No idea if that would get me one plus an install and all the required kit :(

think you'll need to find a cheaper boiler or get an illegal installer, as i have not seen a price below £4k for a full install for some time unless they are using cheap materials or labour

Thanks Kevin, that's what I expected. I'm sure a Worcester or Valliant will be more than good enough, and should fit within budget.

Just been given a quote which included a Vitodens 200. That brand wasn't on anyones list here.

Cack, decent or other? I've asked for prices based on the brands listed, but wondered what a Vitodens was like.

Viessmann is a very good brand, at least as good as Vaillant and Worcester, and the Vitodens 200 will have plenty of fans here. You could do a search on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back