Best combi boiler for under £1000 supply only

The bigger the kw boiler is for the hot water out put see what your output is at the moment and then have a look at the 28 kw boilers up to 40 kw all depends on how much flow rate you want , the bigger the boiler in kw more chance of the gas possible need upgrading in pipe size

Sponsored Links
I went to a newly built house a few weeks ago , power showers all over the place grohe's they all worked a treat flow rates , delivery ect spot on .

just 1 slight problem shower trays & wastes's cannot cope with the deluge
:) manu states they will only cope with 20/25 litres a minute , than this would also depend on how the wastes are run !

Sorry i have been mad busy over the last 4 weeks and had no time to post on here. Looks like a am getting a boiler in about 2 weeks and my fitter suggested Potterton Gold Combi HE A. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Bruno

Hope he's good at fixing boilers as well as installing them.

I would get an Intergas/Atmos.

None of the problems highlighted by the naysayers have any merit.

Descaling the domestic side of the heat exchanger is simple if needed. Can be done with kettle descaler and a garden weed killing spray pack from B&Q.

4 Moving parts.

Plenty of engineers can work on them. If they can't then they should be working in the trade IMO.

Atmos are releasing a 5 year parts and warranty in the next few months. Intergas already have it I believe.

Either way, same factory. Essentially the same boilers.. Intergas heat exchangers are FRACTIONALLY more efficient, but not that you'd notice.

Sponsored Links
Just read back through the hole post and the is to many people shouting INTERGAS to ignore. Are you mostly owners or instalers? what modle should i be looking for? how much should it cost me?

Thanks in advance

Bruno

We fit nearly 100 intergas/atmos units a year. Look at the brochures... choose the hot water performance you want. Buy that one.

We are also Worcester acredited - one of the greenstars would not be a bad option. Not as easy to maintain - but more common. I completely stripped a dry boiler in 1 5 minutes on the training course. Didn't take much longer to reassemble. An intergas would be even quicker.

On pure engineering and reliability go Intergas. For support network, go Worcester.

Flue heat recovery , take a look at the ravenheat combi plus set up , worth a look see ?? free hot water ( at times ) the entire set up is probably available for less than £1100 either the 120 or 150 pre-mix boiler can be upgraded later ??

Just read back through the hole post and the is to many people shouting INTERGAS to ignore. Are you mostly owners or instalers? what modle should i be looking for? how much should it cost me?

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Ah, finally a man with some good sense. I'm an Intergas Platinum 5 accredited installer, I recommend them because I think they're the best, as YNG has said you should go for the one that best matches your required hot water performance / incoming main performance. Intergas boilers are really easy to work on and have very few parts in them. Should they ever need parts, P5 installers will be able to get them direct from the factory. The heat exchanger currently has a 10 year warranty, this is due to be increased to 15 years soon.

Well... now you ask... did you check your post before Kevplumb's comment?:cool:

But yes I am an installer of many Intergas type boilers - and they are probably the best value long term.

There are more powerful alternatives from other brands, but if that is not an issue then it is a no brainer.

Well... now you ask... did you check your post before Kevplumb's comment?:cool:

This is true mate, i left myself open by not checking it. The thing is i do not choose to be dyslexic but i do chose not to be one of those people that take pleasure in pointing out other peoples minor mistakes. Dont get me wrong i think posts should be clear and easy to read so no catastrophic mispelling and TEXT speak but when it is more than readable why make a big song and dance about it.

But yes I am an installer of many Intergas type boilers - and they are probably the best value long term.

There are more powerful alternatives from other brands, but if that is not an issue then it is a no brainer.

Thank you for your input. you have got me taking a hard look at the Intergas but im still undecided.

I don't feel silly at all. I just could not think of anything better at the time to start a sentance with a K.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back