best place for a m o t sheffield

Sponsored Links
There should not be any 'best places' M.O.T tests are supposed to be impartial, the vehicle either meets the required standard or it fails.

Wotan

yes i know that .why i was asking cause it was a van . was not ask for a bent test wotan :evil: :evil:

Your council will advise you of their own MOT places, not allowed to do the work, very recommended.

Edit, now, if youd'e of lived in bolton :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Wotan - what you say is correct, but lets be honest, some are more helpful than others. Some give you 24 hours for a free retest, others 2 weeks. Some will tell you it's failed and that's it, others will off helpful advice as to how you can remedy any failures yourself. Some are just plain rude and miserable!

XRJohn - Snuff mill, (round the back of tescos, Berkley Precinct, Ecclesall Road) have always been very good with me and mine, although it's 7 years since I lived in Sheffield, and I don't know if they are even still there.

I often wonder if MOT testing stations are not given a remit to fail / or certainly scrutinize the older cars more thoroughly, I know they are supposed to be fair and impartial, but as of late the testing station I use seem to be failing my car for the smallest fault.
I seldom get away with less than £200 in repairs every year, time to change MOT testers I think.

Wotan

I don't know if it makes a difference (as it shouldn't!) but I think there is value in separation of the tester from the repairer (usually me) - ie, it doesn't matter what it fails on, the tester won't be getting the work to repair it. The place I take all my cars to are fair and have no issue failing a car, but they know that they won't generate any extra revenue from it.

http://www.motmax.co.uk/

No pass, No pay!

Sounds like it's worth a look if there's one in your area.
Maybe all MOTs will be like this one day

Whatever happned to that government propsal that MOTs should be evey 2 years (like it is in the rest of europe)?

Whatever happned to that government propsal that MOTs should be evey 2 years (like it is in the rest of europe)?

The problem is, I suspect, is that we are too relaxed in other areas, eg car maitenance, servicing and modification, to make it workable. In germany they have the two year thing, but regulations on what you can and can't do to a car are much more controlled by TUV. This is the same in a lot of opther european countries too.

Sponsored Links
Back