Black list for non paying Estate agents ?

Sponsored Links
Well certainly they should not be listed here!

I have always thought this is very badly needed by RGIs and the obvious organisation to hold a black list of non paying landlords and agents is ARGI.

Obviously this needs to be confidential and possibly for legal reasons might need to be held confidentially by an individual and checked against for individual requests.

Tony

Do you think it would have legal implications Tony?, there are hundreds of sites reviewing companies and services and a few large businesses certainly get a roasting often even without basis and sometimes even on here.

BOB.DOLE said:
which are the one,s we gas engineer,s should avoid.

You don't need commas in words that are a plural. Like wot I haven't written.

Sponsored Links
Les Gradwell will be able to give you the full chapter and verse as he has done courses on it!

I think it comes under the general topics of defamation of character and libel etc.

That only arises normally if its PUBLISHED ! I dont think a privately held list which is looked up would fall foul of any regulations but may still need data registration.

There have been some legal actions following information published on internet sites.

Tony

View all estate agents as corrupt, money grabbing t*****s. :evil: I have never met a more incompetent profession but due to the recent rises in house prices they can afford to be as there commissions have risen disproportionately.

Their incompetence can cost you dearly. Used to work for 7 agents - now down to 1 and from time to time even they try to rip me off.

Remember some will expect a bung and will pay rock bottom prices so they can stick on there own healthy markup. The landlord pays the management fee and then gets further ripped off by the contractors invoice because the agent then puts a markup on the bill (sometimes 100%). Don't base your business on working for agents - they are far to dishonest. Indeed many would prefer poor quality contractors as the continuous manintenance then required as a result generates more income for them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back