Blown render!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I have to say is.....I told you so !
This was a small gable that had an oldey worlde type brushed/sponged finish,(The mix was stiff as I knew it would be a slow one,) therefor it did not need floating and subsequently did not require a napp finish. Freddie has done all the other smaller areas himself and in better weather so all he needed was for the gable to be coated not sculpted, he was quite capable of finishing off himself in the same fashion as the rest of his house. As for only being there a couple of hours ,so what!!! what point are you trying to make J-bonding? Are you suggesting I am in the habbit of ripping folks off. I drove thirty miles to drop off my scaffold a couple of weeks back, then thirty home ....Same again to do the job and I have to pick up my scaffold yet. I got back onto my other job and did an afternoons beading, I will get paid, not that its any of your business, whenever I am passing Freddies way, ...would you do that for any of your customers / mates ... J bonding.
If that gable had to have been floated and napped, using a mix wet enough to rule straight in the first instance, then as I said in my initial argument you would be there till gone midnight. I dont need to say anymore because while I stick to skilled plastering the likes of J bonding who, on the odd occasion hes not spending his day on here, might be off skimming the odd bedroom ceiling or dot and dabbing a wimpey house, theres no skill in that J bonding and you are not an authority on the things you have never done.

Sponsored Links
legs-akimbo said:
The only thing I have to say is.....I told you so !
This was a small gable that had an oldey worlde type brushed/sponged finish,(The mix was stiff as I knew it would be a slow one,) therefor it did not need floating and subsequently did not require a napp finish. Freddie has done all the other smaller areas himself and in better weather so all he needed was for the gable to be coated not sculpted, he was quite capable of finishing off himself in the same fashion as the rest of his house. As for only being there a couple of hours ,so what!!! what point are you trying to make J-bonding? Are you suggesting I am in the habbit of ripping folks off. I drove thirty miles to drop off my scaffold a couple of weeks back, then thirty home ....Same again to do the job and I have to pick up my scaffold yet. I got back onto my other job and did an afternoons beading, I will get paid, not that its any of your business, whenever I am passing Freddies way, ...would you do that for any of your customers / mates ... J bonding.
If that gable had to have been floated and napped, using a mix wet enough to rule straight in the first instance, then as I said in my initial argument you would be there till gone midnight. I dont need to say anymore because while I stick to skilled plastering the likes of J bonding who, on the odd occasion hes not spending his day on here, might be off skimming the odd bedroom ceiling or dot and dabbing a wimpey house, theres no skill in that J bonding and you are not an authority on the things you have never done.

so you never put a waterproofer in the scratch coat? i wasnt saying you ripped him off i was asking how much you charged for an hour and a half.
quote legs " he was quite capable of finishing off himself in the same fashion as the rest of his house. " i can imagine any chance of a photo. :LOL:

Hi all,

I have tried to find the answer to a a few questions in this thread, Problem is that its that bloody long my eyes are going :eek:

I have recently built an extension at the side of my house. The bottom 11 courses are brick to match exsisting with the remainder above concrete block that requires rendering. The house was built in the late 40's and is dashed ? but painted over. It appears that the little stones used are Quartz or something simular. I obviously need to match the new part as close as possible.

I have knocked all the old plaster internally back to bare brick and re plastered all the walls and found it quite easy, I would therefore like to attempt the exterior myself. It is only a single storey extension so not a mamouth task. I would also like to re render the entire back wall of the exsisting propert as this takes an hammering with rain and all the other eliments and is now bugining to show.

My question is, Will i need to remove all the old render ? or just the stuff that is loose ? and do i need to get all the paint off first ?

I read with interest the bit about PVA. I have used it on the brick (internally) as a key before the bonding coat and also before the finishing coat. have i done wrong? and should i now just wait for all the plaster to fall off and do it again ?

Thanks in advance.

Legs, you need a host for your images so they will be displayed... If you e mail them to me, i will put them onto my server for you..

[email protected]

Mick.

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
If you can tell me how to get a photo on this site jbonding i will gladly put any amount you want up.

I have tried many times to get a pic on here all unsuccessfully :confused:

see this

legs-akimbo said:
...would you do that for any of your customers / mates ... J bonding.

legs i have to disagree with you here....

do you honestly think that j.bumding has any mates??
you know that boring f****r at the bar of every pub that likes to bore everyone!! could that be our very own j.bumding???

Freddie said:
If you can tell me how to get a photo on this site jbonding i will gladly put any amount you want up.

I have tried many times to get a pic on here all unsuccessfully :confused:

for someone who has an obsession with cameras to the point of stalking other members im surprised you dont know how to post a pic ;)

-dj- said:
legs-akimbo said:

you know that boring f****r at the bar of every pub that likes to bore everyone!! could that be our very own j.bumding???

glad to see you back :LOL: you know that boring f****r at the bar of every pub that likes to bore everyone!! i do now ;)

Freddie said:
-dj- said:
legs-akimbo said:

Cant be jbonding in the pub dj, cause they dont serve Gypo's

they might not serve you in your area but no problems in mine :LOL:

So how is the gable now its all finished and the scaffolds down Freddie?
Hey serious question here.... lets ask J bonding about that other little problem inside. Serious question as it goes J.B and D.J also cus I do not have an answer ! :cry:

No ulterior motive here J.b a section of wall within a whole perfectly rendered and skimmed house that has blown in exactly the same place on two occassions to a clinker block wall?
Has me stumped.!

did you apply a scratch coat?how big was the section that blew?how long did it take before it blew again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back