Boiler airlock

Are you getting hot water?

As suggested, the primaries (main flow and return pipes) to cylinder may need bled. Do you have 1 motorised valve or 2?
Yes there is hot water, it's taking its time to heat up as the boiler keeps cutting out after approx 5 mins.

This is my cylinder set up,don't know what motorised valves are sorry.

Attachments

• 20231006_142126.jpg
    20231006_142126.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 51
  • 20231006_142058.jpg
    20231006_142058.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20231006_142054.jpg
    20231006_142054.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links
Yes there is hot water, it's taking its time to heat up as the boiler keeps cutting out after approx 5 mins.

This is my cylinder set up,don't know what motorised valves are sorry.
That blue box with MV22M is the motorised valve, above that is the manual air vent

So I opened it, a bit of air came out, should I do it when the boiler is running ?

Sponsored Links
So I opened it, a bit of air came out, should I do it when the boiler is running ?

I am not a plumber, but I would leave it open until water drips out before closing it.

Reactions: CBW
Does it just twist off

So just unscrew that ?
Don't take it fully off, just until air expels and is replaced with water as per @opps. No do not do it with the boiler on. No, do not unscrew the motorised valve

Don't take it fully off, just until air expels and is replaced with water as per @opps. No do not do it with the boiler on. No, do not unscrew the motorised valve
Thanks, air did come out, boilers back on but can still hear the sloshing sound, will I have to do it a few times after the boiler has ran to get it all out.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks, air did come out, boilers back on but can still hear the sloshing sound, will I have to do it a few times after the boiler has ran to get it all out.
Hi N,
My 80s system was poorly fitted, with only 1x pipe back to the loft tank, for filling and expelling air, plus few bleed valves, so I also get wind.

After spending ages getting the air out, after any radiator fitting etc, I solved it by using an adapted vehicle oil pulling pump connected to this pipe, while blocking the tank bottom water feed.
Hope this helps?
C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back