Boiler Breakdown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a worchester Borch Danesmore 26/32 Oil system Boiler that is 10 years old.
I have only lived in the house for 3 months. The other night the heating was working fine, then I noticed it getting cold, went out to the utility room where the boiler is and the floor was flooded and a water running sound was coming from the Boiler.
I turned the water off, drained the system and mopped up.
Now I called out the plumber who has been servicing the boiler for the previous owner.
Now i'm sure he knows his job but all he done was take the front panel off the boiler and straight away said that the tank had split, he said you could tell by the bottom tray in the boiler had rust. He never tried to locate the split, or look any where else.
He said a new tank would only be about £300 cheaper then a new boiler and of course if it needs a new boiler he would have to fit it and sign it off, I'm waiting for his quote but he said I was looking at over £2000.
Does this sound about right or is he having a laugh?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back