Boiler commissioning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My builder has packed up leaving me in the lurch without commissioning my new boiler. Thus I couldn't get the warranty that comes with the new boiler. Any advice on how to get my warranty on the boiler ? And the indicative price on commissioning the boiler?

Sponsored Links
Most people wont commision a boiler someone else has fit i certainly wouldnt.
You can report him to gas safe, they will make him come back.i take it you checked his registration details?

The problem is I only realized that he is not a Gas safe engineer when I tried to make a claim against him in Small Claims Court. I still need to get quotes to get my boiler commissioned in order for me to claim damages.

Well i hope you get it sorted out and get your claim etc.

I hope you have also learnt a valuable lesson which is check to see if your tradesmen are qualified at the end of the day its your safety on the line, i hope the boiler is not being used at the moment

Sponsored Links
The best route is to effecting key remove and reinstall the boiler, but if the builder was rogue, then you could.... Well almost certainly, have issues that will need to be corrected.

Undersized gas pipe being the most likely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back