Boiler keeps firing up, even when switched off on timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just moved into a new house and I dont understand the heating system. I have asked a couple of plumbers, but I am not getting anywhere. I would be grateful for any advice.

I have a wall hung Ideal Boiler, Classic FF2 100. It says System on it also.
I also have a megaflow 210 litre cylinder.

I have set the timer for the heating and the hot water, but I have noticed that the boiler keeps firing up throughout the day and night, even when the hot water/heating is switched off. Should this be happening?

I have spoken to the megaflow manufacturers and they have said they dont need the hot water on 24 hours, and if I switch the hot water on about 30mins to 1hr before I need hot water, I will have plenty of hot water.

Does the megaflow act as a hotwater tank and keep hot water stored all day?

Also, quite a few of my radiators are hot all day, especially the bathroom ones and the one in the loft, should this be the case?

Would appreciate it if anyone knows if this is meant to be like this or if I need to get the system checked.

Thanks

Kavita

Sponsored Links
one of the two port valves is either stuck open or the micro switches within them are stuck i would have said

:)

No, as long as you are comfortable with electrics.

You need to test the orange wires from each valve for 240V.

The one that is live is the faulty one.

Sponsored Links
thank you.

I will get someone in to have a look.

Another question: Does the Megaflow act as a hot water tank, ie if I put the hot water on in the moring, will the Megaflow store the hot water until it is needed?

Yes it does. They're insulated pretty well so keep the water hot for hours. You needn't worry about having it "on" too long though; it has a thermostat so it'll switch off the call for heat from the boiler , when it's hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back