Boiler Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the boiler is serviced, exactly what work is carried out in side the boiler.

For example is it, heat exchange, gas pressure, sludge, pilot light, ignition, etc……….. is this all included in the service?

Appreciate your suggestion.

Sponsored Links
It depends who does it. It takes me two hours to go through an oil boiler and complete the paperwork and collect the cheque. I know of people who take 20 minutes and take the cash. I hear about these from the customers whose boilers haven't been serviced properly in years.

However, if you have a gas boiler, I can't help as I exclusively do oil.

Operating pressure, check flue normally change thermo couple, check burners, check igittion- pilot light, clean any deposits. Check for fume spillage, check gas safety shut off is working correctly check adequate ventilation. Normally 1 hour.

let by test/working pressure test
flue gas analysis
gas rate/burner pressure
clean
operation of safety devices
visual inspection of boiler, ventilation, flue etc.

Sponsored Links
Similar time to oilman for combi boiler- sometimes more. All work carried out in front of client. Client sees and client talks (to others) Not short of work. And all I do is boiler repairs and servicing. No quotes. Hardly any boiler changes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back