boiler spur or on ring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have just moved house, and we are currently re-wiring. An electrician said to me that we should run a spur, but the only reasoning he gave was so it could be turned off if it needed to be worked on but surely you just turn the socket off? Its currently plugged into a wall socket.

Not sure if it is a regulation or what?

Sponsored Links
I don't know if it's reg but I advise you to use spur it looks far better and professional and I would always recommend it but I doubt it's reg but it's almost always done like that nowadays

Regulations class a boiler as a permanent piece of equipment; permanent equipment should be connected in a permanent fashion, eg; for a boiler it should be an FCU.

However, many maintenance techs prefer a plug because it is a positive form of isolation, not subject to blundering diyers miswiring FCUs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back