Bosch electric hand plainer "deflector"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a Bosch plainer.when plaining the bottoms of doors that are in my triton superjaws ...so mounted horizontally

i have to plain from each end to avoid ripping wood off the styles end grain .

OK one direction .not OK the other ..as the plainer blows its sawdust into my face .

is there a sort of right angle adaptor for this plainer that could be pushed on to the square shaped exhaust .

the plainer is model ph0 20-82 older model at least 15 years old with angular, not rounded looks unlike the new ones with the same model number.

Ive looked on ebay ..but don't know what this adaptor is called or if it exsists...so i never found anything .

so a name for the adaptor would do me.

ps i could turn the doors over ..but then i wouldnt be asking this question ..as it would be easier to have an adaptor
all the best.mark

Sponsored Links
I've never heard of such a deflector, but thats not to say there isn't one...
it could be easier to adapt a dust bag from another machine, and secure it with a cable tie or similar.
John :)

packing tape in a U shape stuck to 3 sides off the exit but pulled slightly on the legs off the U to direct the flow at 45 ish degrees away from your face

do you have a decent tool shop near by,i used to have a bosch like that,my 1 also had a lever in the middle to raise the solid blade gaurd.should imagine there a bit rear now?.

Sponsored Links
I have a similar planer & use an old sock over the exhaust , tape it on with insulating tape.
JonB

No deflector, but a waste bag adaptor, later model allow waste ejection from either side.

ok thanks lads for the advice ..
think i will have to look for that bag ..its got to be somewhere ..i dont remember chucking it out .

all the best.markj

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back