Texecom Premier 24

do you have any spare cores?

if yes then swap them in the device and in the keypad zone.

Sponsored Links
do you have any spare cores?

if yes then swap them in the device and in the keypad zone.

Yes - I probably wasn't clear in my last post - I've swapped out two cores (blue and yellow - alarm and 'tamper') for black and green and I'm still getting a 'tamper' alert on Wintex and the Keypad.
Might I have to reset it and then check again?
Something in the programming I can try?

Just in case you missed an EDIT on my last post, the Keypad is stating:

ZONE 9 N1, R1, 1
TAMPER >65K

This might sound silly but when I first connected my door contacts and started up my panel, the door contacts were in tamper (though i dont know what resistance level as I never checked).
The only way to clear the tamper for me was to (using Wintex) set the wiring method from normally closed to something else, send update to panel, then change it back to normally closed and send to panel again.

Your contact is wired up as the "Double Pole/EOL" option though with resistors, which is different to the normally closed method, so i dont know if this will help you.

EDIT: Also, have you been able to verify the resistors are working ok?

Hi - tried changing to 'always closed' which did remove the Zone 9 Tamper alert, but on changing back (sending back to panel each time) it reverts to Tamper alert.
Resistance still showing as 100k in Wintex (and showing Tamper whereas at some stage yesterday it was showing Active (as opposed to all other zones showing Secure).

I had a good look at the resistors but nothing seemed to be amiss - secure.
I've fried a few transistors in my time (and it's fairly obvious when you do!) but unless the resistors have quite clearly broken (like the one in the other door) I can't really know for sure.
Can't check with multi-meter as moment as battery has expired (will pick one up this evening).
I do have a few spare resistors I can swap over in the meantime.
Can't really see it as being the cable that's broken...

Just to add: In the RKP I've placed one core (Black) in the 'A' of Zone 1 in RKP and another core (Green) in the 'T' terminal in Zone 1.
These are pointed to Zone 9 (Entry/Exit 1).

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Might also bear noting that when this was set up the other evening (with great help from secureiam) I wasn't getting the Zone 9 tamper alert - all alerts where rectified, hence me thinking it might be something I've done since with the programming.

Active status would be when the door contact is open (either wiring method)

Is it possible to do the following:

In Wintex - press the button on the top bar to receive all programming data from the panel - this makes sure that you have all screens in wintex matching the panel programming

Paste the latest screenshots of:
Zones - zone 9 wiring
Kepyad - mapping of RKP Zone 1 as panel zone 9
Diagnostics - the system/zone status screen showing active/tamper/resistance statuses

Take a pic of the latest wiring in the keypad and and contact

apologies if I am asking for things that have been provided before, just want to make sure we are looking at everything with the latest details.

Hi - I'll respond to your questions shortly desig.
Just thought I'd add this update which may or may not be relevant.

I've taken the door contact fully out now. Entry Exit Zone is still stating Tamper in Wintex Zone 9 and with the 100k resistance note in Wintex.

One the keypad it's now stating Front Door Tamper (which is what I named this Zone) and Zone 9 Tamper alerts - two alerts for what I'd considered the same thing - relevant? Almost as if the 'Front Door' was ok but a second Zone 9 has been set up??

I'll have a look at your post now and try those. Hopefully get back to you shortly.
Many thanks.

Hi again.
I'll quickly add the pics as I have to shoot out for a few hours.

Also - update: Following the switching over to two different coloured cores, I've also switched out the old resistors for new ones (Black Alarm - Green Tamper - should just be able to make that out in the pic below).
Hasn't made any difference - still stating Tamper on Front Door Zone 9.
Again to reiterate, when this was set up with help from secureiam the other evening, I had no alert messages (aside from back door which was a broken resistor - fixed and alerts were stopped).

Convinced it's something I've done via Wintex/Programming...at least I hope it is.

Pics:

photo1-5.jpg

Inside RKP:

photo3-3.jpg

Door contact wiring (two resistors on one silver screw then one on a brass screw and one on the other silver screw) - Black in A, Green in T

photo2-5.jpg

RKPmappingzonesweds10dec.jpg

diaginclresistanceweds10dec.jpg

diagweds10dec.jpg

zone9wiringweds10thdec.jpg

Cheers - hope this helps?

It will never work it goes in the outer terminals on the zone input , you have the black in the first and the green in the third it needs to be in the forth terminal ! :eek:

with sparkymarka on this its wired incorrectly, needs to be wired to first A last T

seems strange you didnt have an error when you went through it the other night though, as that should certainly have given issues all day long.

Gulp...absolutely no idea why I've wired it that way (1st wire in the first A terminal, second wire in the first T terminal - one and three in order.

Wow...seriously hope it's just that and not (as I was starting to suspect) a broken link in the newly plastered/decorated six core :eek: !

I'll give this a whirl in a short while and let you know how I get on.

Those door contacts are pretty fiddly with resistors aren't then?!

Cheers folks :)

Hi folks - switched the green wire from 1st T to 2nd T (fourth in row of those terminals in Zone 1).

'Zone 9 Front Door' open message has now disappeared.
However, in zone check on the RKP (can't use the laptop for wintex at the moment) Zone 9 is now showing secure but has N1, R1, 1 showing and the resistance is showing as 6k950?

Do I need to reset that (as at least it's stating secure) is there something still amiss (but I feel as if it's almost fixed).

Many thanks.

Back on Wintex.
All zones now showing as secure, but Zone 9 Front Door (Entry/Exit 1) is showing resistance of 6k still.
Noticed in 'Areas' - 'Options' that Tamper reset wasn't set for any area (A or B) - might not be anything worth noting?
Would an engineer reset rid the 6k alert or is that still an issue (no idea what now??).

Does my door contact wiring look ok in the pic above (wondering if the colours are the wrong way round?

:(

Cheers!

i cant really see on the pic that well.

4k7 should be across the alarm and 2k2 for the end of line.

The fact you see 6k9 is saying that the zone is active or you have 4k7 and 2k2 linked together as the eol resistor.

wheres the other half of the contact?

zone --------4k7(door open)--------2k2-----zone active (6k9) or

the devices are wired zone----4k7-2k2---------zone

zone-------|__door closed___|-----2k2 ------ zone secure (2k2)

Definitely states secure and resistance at 6k. So (somehow) looks like, as you say, I've linked the two resistors together as the EOL resistor.

Not sure how - both linked together on one end in a silver screw, then the 4k7 goes to the other silver screw (and green core which goes back to 'T' in the RKP zone 1).
The other end of the 2K2 resistor goes to the brass screw with the Black core that goes to 'A' in the RKP zone 1.

Any clues in that (switching the cores to other resistors in the contact)?

Other half of contact is directly facing the other half at the top of the door when closed.

Faulty contact perhaps?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back