Bosch Tabletop Diswasher front drip

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Type S2R1B
FD 8406000306
?BKT? (unclear) 5108GB /01

further to my earlier thread, where I changed the seal that goes round the sides and top of the doorframe, and cleaned, lubricated and refitted the flaps that fasten to the outside edges of the door, I have been running it today with the door cover off to see where the drips are (still) coming from.

When run empty, with clean fresh water, it does not drip, but water spills into the stainless trough at the front, this seems to be an extension of the internal floor of the cabinet, and empties when the machine pumps out.

With mugs and pans inside, the machine foams up, even on prewash before it eats the detergent tablet, and continues foamy even when it pumps out the prewash and takes the tablet.

This foam builds up in the front trough and dribbles over the edge. I can see it coming in waves when the wash arms pass the front. It is as if there is no seal between the bottom of the door and the bottom of the cabinet. I can't see any trace of a rubber seal here, is there supposed to be one?

Sponsored Links
Only thing I can surgest is adjust the front feet so it leans back a bit and do you use the 3 in 1 tablets and rinse aid. As this can cause overfoaming.

For the benefit of anyone with a similar problem in future, I seem to have cured it by putting an adhesive foam strip (like draught excluder) onto the edge of the bottom of the cabinet, so the hinged edge of the door closes down onto it.

I can't see anything like this in the parts list but there seems to be an unsealed gap between the bottom of the door and the floor pan.

My first attempt sealed the drip but was not satisfactory as there were traces of moisture which prevented the self-adhesive strip fixing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back