Both radiators in living room not heating properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

There's two radiators in my living room and neither are warming up properly, even with the combi boiler on full blast. The top corners of the radiator get warm (ish), everywhere else is cold. All other radiators seem to be fine. The heating hasn't been on for months.

(For both radiators):
The pipe immediately before the TRV is very hot. The TRV is on 5. I took the TRV off and made sure the pin can move. It can be pushed down and returns back up when released.

I've tried opening and closing the valve on the other side side of the radiator and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've bled all the radiators in the system and made sure the boiler is at the correct pressure.

I don't really know what I'm doing but am competent with tools and DIY. Landlord will take months to fix this.

Any advice on what to do next?

Sponsored Links
Firstly try shutting off all the other rads and just run those 2 and see if they heat up, if so then a system balancing exercise will be needed. If they don't then it could be a restriction in the flow/return pipework or rad/valve and they may need taken off and looked at.

Did the rads in questions ever heat up fully ? If they did ,but now do not ,and no work has been carried out on the heating system in between ,including altering rad valve settings,you can pretty much rule out a balancing issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back