Bristan power shower causing nuisance power tripping ?

I have recently had a similar problem with my shower. I found the casue to be when I was turning the heat up on the shower it was causing the water vessel in the shower to have too much steam (pressure) and it casued the vessel to burst open, hence water spraying everywhere and shorting the electrics.
Not saying this is your problem but if you get access to your shower vessel it is easily to see.

This a power shower, not an electric shower !!!
Hot water from cylinder.

Sponsored Links
The voltage spikes can be easily dealt with by wiring VDRs across the motor. Farnell Electronics have huge stocks. These devices prolong the life of all the electricals in the house. In effect they behave like a safety valve on a steam boiler. Only snag is Farnells minimum order charge, however Maplin also sell a more limited range.

Is the fault caused by condensation from steamy showers getting into a ceiling rose? Because of the time delay after showering that is the kind of thing to look out for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back