BRITISH GAS JOB REFUSAL!!!

Are HES the old EON?

If so, stay away, they haven't got a clue. That goes for the AA too.

If BG aren't taking Contractors at the moment then try someone who works Social Housing Contracts.

How so, Lee?

HES were EON, but have no connection with them now.
I think it is fair to say that all companies have their issues, youonly have to search BG here to know that.

Sponsored Links
just rang both rig and st personnells both daid they got nothing on BG sub for service/breakdown at mintue.....is there any place else i can try for BG subbing or should i just sit tight and wait???

thanks for the feed back by the way guys i feel as if im getting that very much closer.

when the cold weather hits, it'll go bananas and they'll be looking to take more people on.

just been onto another agency worcester bosch are looking for service engineers in my area so ive applied to them aswell....fingers crossed...hey......agency said should hopefully have an interview booked by this week....

just been onto another agency worcester bosch are looking for service engineers in my area so ive applied to them aswell....fingers crossed...hey......agency said should hopefully have an interview booked by this week....
Good luck but if does not pay off.

Where do you live, if you live near London. I do know ng are short on engineers, and we they do training to get you up to speed. Also if you can try metering, as smart metering is beginning to rolled out in nation wide and lot people have jumped on that bandwagon.
Also have look out for winter contingency contracts, as there are never enough gas engineers in the winter. It may help you out for 2-6 months depending, but they do pay well.
Then look out for summer work on schools and hospitals, and also maintenance plumbing can keep you going.

Also do boiler courses to add to your cv, as this will help you get a job.

The last thing to remember is this fact, and no one training you will ever admit it.
As soon as the smart metering comes to an end, there will be a gas engineer cull.
As there will be more people who are gas engineers than work available

Last but not least.

As for people mocking your grammar, all I have to say is this.
Grammar doe not fix boilers, never has and never will
Spelling doe not do it ether, which I find weird.

Sponsored Links
adlplumbing:- thanks for the advice....im based in the midlands....ive looked into smart metering no luck on that either ...never ending CV'S and application forms filling out....ive had enough to be fair im fully domestically qualified ive got CCN1 CENWAT1 CKR1 HTR1 DAH1 MET1...yet im still not evening getting looked at or given a chance ....im gonna wait a little while longer if i dont get anything i will go back to the forces....either way you look at it were all a bunch of work horses serving a purpose in this life ...all i wanted was a normal work life but i really dont understand what one must do.......ohhh well i could go on forvever but i best get back to my bottle of whiskey and revolver and play russian roulette by myself....ho ho ho

British gas do operate under a hierarchy regime with their employees which I personally would find almost impossible to work under (much preferring a consensual working arrangement), so don't despair because a BG job will not suit everyone.

It's highly likely the persons doing the interview will not be a RGIs anyway so therefore they wouldn't really understand the trade questions that they were asking you (they would excel on the non trade ones though).

Incidentally what were your answers to the "difficult customer" adapting to change" questions?

servotech,

Last edited:
..im gonna wait a little while longer if i dont get anything i will go back to the forces....either way you look at it were all a bunch of work horses serving a purpose in this life ...all i wanted was a normal work life but i really dont understand what one must do.......ohhh well i could go on forvever but i best get back to my bottle of whiskey and revolver and play russian roulette by myself....ho ho ho
If you have the opportunity to return to the forces, go for it. I've seen how things have changed since I started as an apprentice plumber in 1970. Every boss/manager is an a- hole and every company wants its pound of flesh. I remember once just before BG was sold down the river, we went and did a water system disinfect at a Gas Board depot. Bloody place was like Butlins . You're simply too young for a normal ( by my old fart standards) worklife. Best of Luck anyways.

It would be useful for every one who is contemplating going to a fastrack course provider to read this thread. The world IS NOT demanding more gas men. The course providers, on the other hand, need a permanent flow of new meat. The opportunities for permanent,well paid, work simply are not there in great numbers.
Don't be to impressed by Roger Bisby AKA as Servotech. He's more at home being irritating on TV and being photographed for carp DIY articles in free magazines. Every company has their structure, priorities and demands. (One demand is that the applying individual is actually Gas Safe Registered:sneaky:). For this reason, some folk should NEVER be employed, but not every one who is useful on the tools can arrange their life around self employment.

Last edited:
the fastrack courses are a waste of time if you ask me you can never get all that gas knowledge in 2-3weeks in my opinion....if i could turn back the clock i would have done an nvq3 in gas fitting which lasts 2years ..

the fastrack courses are a waste of time if you ask me you can never get all that gas knowledge in 2-3weeks in my opinion....if i could turn back the clock i would have done an nvq3 in gas fitting which lasts 2years ..

That is true, but seen some old hands be dodgy as hell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back