BRITISH GAS JOB REFUSAL!!!

well waiting for a call back sub contracting dont seem too bad of an option for me at the mintue.....so lets wait and see what happens.....

Sponsored Links
This thread tells you all you need to know about working for British Gas.

If it's a process, there'll be a three letter abbreviation; and if you're a person, you'll be a number.

However, you can have any van you like, as long as it is blue.

Sponsored Links
This thread tells you all you need to know about working for British Gas.

If it's a process, there'll be a three letter abbreviation; and if you're a person, you'll be a number.

However, you can have any van you like, as long as it is blue.
Can I be No. 6?

cheers for the advice guys just called rig energy and awaiting a call back....
I wish I had seen this earlier and told you to contact direct. Rig don't pay as much as direct.
Re: The van; someone says any van will do- true but it must have a bulkhead seperating load from cab (unless changed
You get paid per appliance, so you can easily earn between 160 and 200 a day. It's not quick in and out either.

LeeB: Is it still about £18 per appliance? Including all overheads?
What area are you in? Do contractors still report to "normal" supervisor?

ive applies for the BG sub contracting role so i guess the van size doesnt matter...ive got a little berlingo i hope that does the job...

I think bg take on with a level 2 nvq but will then send you on a course to get nvq 3 in gas servicing and appliances or something like that plus they will do your LPG assesment, warm air, cookers, range, tumble driers etc. If you aren't confident in your abilities try somewhere else, you need to be able to average a job an hour roughly diagnosis, repair, selling and paperwork included.

Can subbies still use their own vans?, I thought bg wanted everything branded and can't see them being keen on not being able to check you on a tracker. Bear in mind if a service recalls you lose your money so work that into your calcs.

ive got an nvq2 in plumbing and heating plus my acs in all the domestic side of gas appliances....

i thought the sub contracting role was just for service/beakdown of heating systems...im quite confidient on the worl i carry out i cant see why theyd put a subby thru a nvq3 qnd i cnt see why tumble driers would come into it either i thought there more a white goods engineer job...

Gas fired tumble dryer, ie white knights!
You also get gas fired fridges.

Like people have said, join the CC, there's a whole le world out there, you've not even scratched the surface with core plus 4!

really stupid question here......

how do i join the combustion chamber??

im all new to this so sorry...

I think bg take on with a level 2 nvq but will then send you on a course to get nvq 3 in gas servicing and appliances or something like that plus they will do your LPG assesment, warm air, cookers, range, tumble driers etc.
Not contraactors they won't. They did do a one week course for the laptop, but then they went to 2 weeks, so maybe there is a bitof product training?

If you aren't confident in your abilities try somewhere else, you need to be able to average a job an hour roughly diagnosis, repair, selling and paperwork included. The selling isn't as heavy as some would apear to think, but probably depends on area/manager. When I did it, support was non existant, but it was a new supervisor, trying to make a name for himself.

Can subbies still use their own vans?, I thought bg wanted everything branded and can't see them being keen on not being able to check you on a tracker.
Own vans, but I notice they are now asking for no signwriting. Trackers irrelevant - you only get paid per job. Ypu can "hire" a BG van, but I beleive you have to be 5 days.

Bear in mind if a service recalls you lose your money so work that into your calcs
No you don't. At least not 18 months ago. If you did breakdown/repairs, there was a sliding scale of call back reclaims, but the most you could lose was 15%.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back