BRITISH GAS JOB REFUSAL!!!

thanks for the reply guys.....it's much appreciated.

SIMOND:- i totally understand where you are coming from because alot of the lads/ladys i was once posted with have found it really hard to adapt to the change of working environment...i can see where your coming from were ex service guys/girls would look down at the working class and be little them ...but i can assure you this is a minority and not a majority...for the people that have been trained properly and discplined accordingly they will not behave in such a manner..

ENDECOTP:- i am not trying to shoot the messenger by all means...but if you read the posts i have posted a genuine thread and instead of getting genuine replies certain chaps have be-littled me ....even going as far as saying i probably haven't even got GCSE english which i find highly insulting...i do not believe ex service personnel should be given any kind of advanatge in terms of gaining employment i believe the best man for the job should be employed.

im sorry if ive gone on people i do not mean to start an open debate but the moral of the story is DON'T LOOK DOWN ON PEOPLE try and help everyone to the best of your abililty's and the world would be a better place.

Sponsored Links
Like someone else said ,if you are good salesman and have the right approach with customers as in being courteous and amiable you will have a better chance then other guys
As you already know it's not all about ability ,that's one part of the equation
Try again and don't beat yourself Up about not being successful the first time around .

if you read the posts

FFS man, of course I've read the posts! Every one of them! Before the interview, after the interview when they didn't phone you, and now this thread.

i have posted a genuine thread and instead of getting genuine replies certain chaps have be-littled me ....even going as far as saying i probably haven't even got GCSE english which i find highly insulting...

NO, you've got honest replies. Seriously! Some people could have toned down their vocabulary a bit, but you've come asking why you might not have got the job and you've been told what we think. It's perhaps not what you wanted to hear, but it's honest feedback.

Regarding your English, I'm sure you write or speak differently in different contexts (we all do). So we don't know what you were like in the interview and tests. But there are issues with your posts, such as your/you're in the last one, and those things can matter - much as we may wish that they didn't.

I have to say your grammar and spelling is dire!

Perhaps you are just lazy but writing like that it surprises me that you have presumably passed the GCSE in English!

Standards may have dropped but when I applied for my main job we were expected to write in perfect handwriting and spelling.

Tony

Expected to write WITH perfect handwriting and spelling...........

To the OP with all due respect for your service perhaps you came across as a bit arrogant and touchy in the interview? You certainly have here

Sponsored Links
lads please i appreciate all the feedback but this is getting a bit mad now ......this is the first ever internet forum i have signed upto and posted on....i can see all the fun and games side of it...but i wish i had never posted now lol....

anyway guys sorry if i offended or upset anyone ...no hard feelings.

Fair play fella. Just remember that how things read on a forum is not how they are always meant. I'm sure you had a lot more than a bit of pi55taking but well meant advice thrown at you during your stint.

For the record there are a couple of ex forces guys that have posted good advice on this thread and no I'm not one of them.

If you want the BG gig then just leave it a couple of months and reapply.

He who dares and all that (y)

You probably focussed too much on the technical aspect, ACS means nothing in the real world and as long as you have basic skills bg will mould you into what they want quickly. What they want is promotion of the business under the description of best advice or something similar and they want customer relation skills, combine that with a strong safety culture and you'll be in. To be honest a monkey could get the technical basics in a fairly short time but to find a good advocate for the business is much more difficult.

Rookie: You do come across very arrogant and defensive. You admit you are a rookie, but claim to be know more than the BG guys, who, contrary to most anti stuff you read are not all pure salesmen. You say you have met "many Bg guys" "on site"? What do you mean by that. I can't see why you would be in the same location as one bg guy, let alone "many".
It is interesting that your feedback mentioned your reponses with regard to difficult customers. That IS an issue in this business, and your response to the negative posts here may have some significance to your general demanour.

firemanT:-

you come across as a co$k and a no$he@d so im not gonna explain s$/t to you PAL...

ive already said i shouldn't of posted this thread and apologised if ive offended any1 so who the f$ck are you mate??? get on your bike and wonder off mate....

THREAD CLOSED

Hey rookie , I think Fireman was looking for an apprentice , guess you've shot yourself in the foot while pizzing on his chips...

firemanT:-

you come across as a co$k and a no$he@d so im not gonna explain s$/t to you PAL...

ive already said i shouldn't of posted this thread and apologised if ive offended any1 so who the f$ck are you mate??? get on your bike and wonder off mate....

THREAD CLOSED

That's typical pongo, right there.
Maybe they were right to ask about customer care.
Your previous customers would have been on the end of a SA80, the new ones require a bit more attention!

yes i am typical pongo and yes the old customers would have been on the end of my SA80 by now.....

but its just when i applied for this job i had alot riding on it...then i got declined.... you try so hard and get kicked back down it really hurts you...then on top of all that you post a thread online to get some comfort and support because your to embarrsd abt twlling family and freinds you got declined... you then get a load of people mock you and downgrade your abilitys and skills...

you try to walk away from certain things in life but you just cant't.....life EH

Just one more time....

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Honestly, seriously, I and the other folks here have no reason to lie to you. We've given you honest feedback. Ignore us - call us trolls etc if you want - but really, why would we choose to lie?

Wow. As a "disciplined" military man, you seem to be getting a bit hot under the collar. My post was not offensive, yours are. BG, indeed any job advert, attract a lot more applicants than jobs available. Review your performance, consider the feedback (including some of the comments here), and move on. You will get knocked back again, but you just have to keep applying, and treating each interview as a learning tool.. At the moment, a lot of firms are recruiting, depending on your area
BTW, if you ever go SE, you will come accross some customers more challenging than BG.!;)

So, where DID you meet all these BG guys?

They say a pen is mightier then the sword ,you so prove that to be correct

Take it on the chin like a man,most of what has been said is for your betterment.you won't last long on site with other fellas if you can't handle a bit of sledging
Don't be embarrassed by failure you should be embarrassed by not having the will to try ...
Take heed of the comments from the other fellas with a cool head and try to apply some of what has been given to you as advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back